Elektronaughts recommended music

My taste in music has got better since joining elektronaughts,
My tunes still aim for the feel good vibe of daft punk discovery,
but Aphex twin, Radiohead , autechre etc
They all have expanded my thoughts on what is good music…

So thank you guys and gals… please recommend more

8 Likes

Weekly toolroom radio show probably should hit your tastebuds…

2 Likes

Dude I already love toolroom, I got a photo with Mark knight and Roger Sanchez last time they were in Sydney! Trying to expand my music tastebuds!

2 Likes

There’s this dude named Brian Grainger who goes by Milieu, Coppice Halifax and several other aliases. He is the most prolific electronic music producer living. He resides in Dayton, OH.

1 Like

There are plenty of excellent artists on Warp Records (especially in the earlier years), so definitely try the likes of Squarepusher, Boards of Canada, Plaid, Luke Vibert, Antipop Consortium, Flying Lotus, the list goes on and on and on. Also Aphex Twin’s label Rephlex Records. Another good label for proper 90s UK electronica is Planet Mu.

6 Likes
1 Like

Wow, I’m in Dayton and I had no idea.

1 Like

Funkstörung
Supercollider (the Jamie Lidell and Cristian Vogel project)
Clark (on Warp)
Ectomorph
Modeselektor

4 Likes

Loscill
Tortoise
Don Cabellaro
ZZ Top
US Maple
Dirty Three
Chicago Underground Duo/Trio
Can
Neu
Can
Can
Duke Ellington

6 Likes

Second this. Especially Can.

2 Likes

I’ll throw in someone that might also fit your bill. A bit deeper and more tribal, but I really like him.

Dennis Cruz

Listen to el sueno from him to hear one of his masterpieces. Some of his sets are also really good imo

1 Like

Cheers, haven’t done it yet, but going to check out everything mentioned on here!

had a quick listen to the first video and sorry but it’s absolute garbage mate.
Lyrics of 16 year old trying to be hardcore, my IQ dropped by listening to it

3 Likes

Ben Chatwin
Album : The Hum

1 Like

Patrick Watson

Or the whole Album : Wave

2 Likes

Merck Records was doing some great stuff back in the day. Proem, Proswell, Ilkae, Kettel, Secede, Landau… Actually Proswell just gave me some Renoise tips on the CPU Records Discord the other day. You could join the discord and find a treasure trove of music, if IDM, Electro, Acid, and Braindance are your thing.

ColorSquad has tons of great artists too!

Other standouts for me are James Shinra, Microlith, FLX, P1nkF1re, and Jerry La Flim.

2 Likes
1 Like

my iq dropped from your response also

This is one of the best track ever made :heart:

1 Like