Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

What’s the matter? Is your syn out of takt?

(Couldn‘t resist) :grimacing:

3 Likes

Are u sure? Who say so?
Or it’s just a guess?

Problem is, the interface would not be nearly as awesome if they have to use it in a completely new context. It’s very much built for a specific machine: repurposing it for something else entirely isn’t as easy as it you make it seem.

2 Likes

Probably just a guess… after all, it was said that Digitakt was maxed out before the 1.30 update… then they added another LFO.

I like the 1010music philosophy:

"If you have experienced drop outs or crackling sounds with blackbox, you have most likely pushed the processor to its limits. Blackbox does not limit what you can do based on anticipated processor load. We have tried to balance the design of the system to optimize what you can do without over driving the processor while still giving you room to make creative choices. "

Elektron on the other hand must ensure you can use all features on all voices at once without any audio drop outs. It’s a big constraint, but also a guaranty.

3 Likes

Syn + takt, takt can mean quite a few things but I think in this sense (as with the Digitakt) it’s around pace/beat. My Swedish is pretty crap though, I’m just an immigrant :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hard to tell what’s better. But. I do believe that digi synths have to be upgradable like personal computers, want more voices - go get new 12 core Xeon, put it inside and no probs…

Same with memory, etc…

Can’t think of anything I’d want less.

15 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get it. Why would you want to turn a synth more into a computer? Computers are horrible. We already have, and Elektron is one of the biggest culprits, synths that have all the bad sides of computers. 0-day patches, advertised features that won’t be implemented until years down the line etc.

1 Like

What if Elektron is only in the initial stages with the Syntakt and it isn’t planned to be released for another 3 years?

3 Likes

Memes. Memes for years.

8 Likes

then we’re f***d :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes i’d take a lot of the development time but i think in the case of DT is really possible.

The sound source comes from just 1 page in the UI, the rest is mangling that source. That source page could be different for different engines but the rest could stay the same.

That would be amazing, converting the digitakt in a 16-track synth/sampler groovebox.

2 Likes

Possible, but far more frequently a company takes a trademark much much later stage in the development cycle. Look at Elektron’s history with that, i posted about that earlier. There are posts following that with more on the timeliness with specific Elektron products.

The Digitakt trademark came after the product was first shown, which also has been discussed earlier.

2 Likes

Yeah don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool concept. I just don’t see it happening, same reason why the OT can’t have updated FX. The devices are built for a specific purpose on the component level and repurposing them for a completely new purpose isn’t probably worth it. There probably isn’t enough unused processing power to just throw in synth functionality.

1 Like

Yeah it seems very difficult actually, but who knows, maybe the Syntakt will be the next hardware synth built for that (?) hahaha

iPad bruh.

1 Like

I dont think so.
If you want to make music with an upgradeable computer, then it makes sense that you can make this computer more powerful.

If you’re in the need to add voices or more power to a musical instrument it was perhaps the wrong one.

1 Like

What’s wrong with an iPad, then? Or a laptop and VST’s with a midi controller?

What’s wrong with that is the category of trademark taken. This also has been discussed earlier.

The Overbridge trademark is in a different category than the Digitakt trademark as for instance. Syntakt is in the same category as Digitakt, go back and read.

It’s fine to speculate when facts are not known. But to be counter factual, is really pushing things into Qanon realms.

3 Likes