Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

iPad bruh.

1 Like

I dont think so.
If you want to make music with an upgradeable computer, then it makes sense that you can make this computer more powerful.

If you’re in the need to add voices or more power to a musical instrument it was perhaps the wrong one.

1 Like

What’s wrong with an iPad, then? Or a laptop and VST’s with a midi controller?

What’s wrong with that is the category of trademark taken. This also has been discussed earlier.

The Overbridge trademark is in a different category than the Digitakt trademark as for instance. Syntakt is in the same category as Digitakt, go back and read.

It’s fine to speculate when facts are not known. But to be counter factual, is really pushing things into Qanon realms.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I follow? I was responding to the people who want upgradeable synths, much like a computer. I was asking, what is wrong with laptops and iPads since they are pretty much specifically just that, upgradeable platforms which can run synth engines.

2 Likes

OK but this thread is about something different.

3 Likes

Ebb and flow, my friend.

2 Likes

Please everyone, to discuss a new topic, start a new thread for that, or find an existing thread where that discussion is on-topic.

This thread has much to discuss without going off topic.

4 Likes

Just to clarify are Elektron making an announcement about the Syntakt tomorrow(superbooth show)?

1 Like

sUpua6W

8 Likes

1 Like

Personally not seen anything factual about that. Could be january for all we know with the 2 clues we’ve had so far

(1: syntakt trademarked, 2: trademark category being same as digitakt)

2 Likes

it would be cool to add different filters though, like the ambika or something

Only Elektron employees (and probably some beta testers, YouTubers and music stores) know anything about it (if it even exists yet, that is). Elektron aren’t at Superbooth either. And they’d probably be wise to time any announcement to when they can more easily cut through the noise, imo.

1 Like

I can’t be bothered to sort out firmware updates, let alone opening up my gear and changing boards about.

3 Likes

…o…ho…another neverending stooooooorrryyyyyyyyyyyy…
ahaahaahaaahaahaaaaa…

come on goys and birls…we can make this…close to cross the first target line of 1000 posts…

really funny to see always a next bunch of people showing up late to the party, with their next new and very own conspiracy theories, out of any frame, no matter how off it could possibly be…

and @alume…i think, ur pretty damned right with the colour of the next function button…
so let’s all start betting on it…
i bet…function button in red…and also a red oled screen…finish in silver brushed metal…basic footprint digi box like, internal concept ala meet the machines…md/mnm/sid remodelings already included by default in version 1.0…many next additional firmware/model updates for years to come…

if i’m wrong, i’ll organize a little give away lottery and spent a model:samples to the closest guess and winner…
and here we go again… :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah… dream!

1 Like

…dream on…

1 Like

A bit disappointing that Elektron is not at Superbooth…

Instead of the Syntakt my eyes are on the new(old friend) Waldorf synth.
Elektron’s last interesting new product was the Digitone and that’s 3.5 years ago…

It’s about time for some new exiting hardware synth by Elektron, why the heck not anymore on Superbooth?

6 Likes

@reeloy-- You are still going to SB right ?

Exhibitors disappear ( Soma in your case ), exhibitors can suddenly appear. Look carefully for the sign that can only be seen by you inviting you to go to the Elektron Magic Theatre. ( Like out of Der Steppenwolf. )

The stealth announcement awaits. Heck, Syntakt has secretly been shipping for two months now. :crazy_face:

EDIT: Fixed grammatical error.

2 Likes