Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Good for you, but I much prefer the LXR-02 hats (although I prefer the M:C sequencing over the LXR sequencing).

Iā€™d pay for an audio in :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

i once also couldnt get what other peoples problem with the hi hat is, but if youā€™ve listened to it on every track you cant hear it anymore.

please stop with the prefix/suffix analysis

we get it. its not an ARG puzzle

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the matter? Is your syn out of takt?

(Couldnā€˜t resist) :grimacing:

3 Likes

Are u sure? Who say so?
Or itā€™s just a guess?

Problem is, the interface would not be nearly as awesome if they have to use it in a completely new context. Itā€™s very much built for a specific machine: repurposing it for something else entirely isnā€™t as easy as it you make it seem.

2 Likes

Probably just a guessā€¦ after all, it was said that Digitakt was maxed out before the 1.30 updateā€¦ then they added another LFO.

I like the 1010music philosophy:

"If you have experienced drop outs or crackling sounds with blackbox, you have most likely pushed the processor to its limits. Blackbox does not limit what you can do based on anticipated processor load. We have tried to balance the design of the system to optimize what you can do without over driving the processor while still giving you room to make creative choices. "

Elektron on the other hand must ensure you can use all features on all voices at once without any audio drop outs. Itā€™s a big constraint, but also a guaranty.

3 Likes

Syn + takt, takt can mean quite a few things but I think in this sense (as with the Digitakt) itā€™s around pace/beat. My Swedish is pretty crap though, Iā€™m just an immigrant :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hard to tell whatā€™s better. But. I do believe that digi synths have to be upgradable like personal computers, want more voices - go get new 12 core Xeon, put it inside and no probsā€¦

Same with memory, etcā€¦

Canā€™t think of anything Iā€™d want less.

15 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t get it. Why would you want to turn a synth more into a computer? Computers are horrible. We already have, and Elektron is one of the biggest culprits, synths that have all the bad sides of computers. 0-day patches, advertised features that wonā€™t be implemented until years down the line etc.

1 Like

What if Elektron is only in the initial stages with the Syntakt and it isnā€™t planned to be released for another 3 years?

3 Likes

Memes. Memes for years.

8 Likes

then weā€™re f***d :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes iā€™d take a lot of the development time but i think in the case of DT is really possible.

The sound source comes from just 1 page in the UI, the rest is mangling that source. That source page could be different for different engines but the rest could stay the same.

That would be amazing, converting the digitakt in a 16-track synth/sampler groovebox.

2 Likes

Possible, but far more frequently a company takes a trademark much much later stage in the development cycle. Look at Elektronā€™s history with that, i posted about that earlier. There are posts following that with more on the timeliness with specific Elektron products.

The Digitakt trademark came after the product was first shown, which also has been discussed earlier.

2 Likes

Yeah donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s a cool concept. I just donā€™t see it happening, same reason why the OT canā€™t have updated FX. The devices are built for a specific purpose on the component level and repurposing them for a completely new purpose isnā€™t probably worth it. There probably isnā€™t enough unused processing power to just throw in synth functionality.

1 Like

Yeah it seems very difficult actually, but who knows, maybe the Syntakt will be the next hardware synth built for that (?) hahaha