Elektron support : response time?

Yea I opened a ticket almost a month ago too to no response.

1 Like

its been well over a month for me,
very slack considering how much money ive spent on there equipment in the last 6 months
and the severity of the problem with my Rytm
must rely on other users to give me advise about their product and whether to return it

Hi Dan,
Can you describe OS versions on Rytm, A4, your laptop, and how you have the Elektrons plugged in to the laptop?

Hi mate
yes the rytm mk2 is 1.46 beta 1
my a4 mk2 is 1.36 beta 2

ive also got the OT mk2 and the digitakt and digitone

my computer is a PC windows 10
im running all units through over bridge except the OT that is receiving midi from the digitakt
and audio is going into the a4

not sure overbridge would affect the slow down would it ?
wouldnt it be a hardware issue?

the ot and digitakt are not having troubles with sample browsing at all

also and the Elektrons are plugged into an overhub then into the computer

Controls on my Digitakt are shot, I’ve created a support ticket on Monday, but no response so far. This used to be a lot quicker when I last had to deal with an issue with one of my Elektrons. @Olle: can you comment - what’s considered “normal” waiting time these days?

Support has been slow for the last five months. Looking back at the past it has had it’s ups and downs and I’m sure it will come back to normal eventually. Warranty and hardware issues usually have priority and should still be within a week. Workflow related questions/issues currently have an indefinite response time, but none will be thrown away and will eventually get a reply.

7 Likes

Hi Dan.
Raise a support ticket just specific to your Rytm hardware issue. Also make sure you have registered your devices for warranty purposes.

In terms of Overbridge, have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version? Try also just connecting one device at a time and get one working. Try and get your platform on all the latest software.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your candid response.

I do understand replying to everyone is not an easy task,
but I see my problem as a big problem with the system slowdown and definitely get some priority because its making half of the units main functions not work properly.

I really need to know if my Rytm Mk2 is defective and what to do
Its been 6 days since i logged a ticket about this problem

i didnt get any replys about my driver problem thats been well over a month

I am probably overstepping my authority by replying because you didn´t ask me but here are my ideas:

• did you do a factory reset of the Analog Rytm? Clearing the internal memory (don´t forget to backup first) could help
  • does the problem occur when you use the Analog Rytm stand alone without computer or overbridge? If yes: I agree that there could be a hardware problem. If no: problem should be on the software side. Can you reproduce the error using a different computer (if available)?

In any way I´d try to narrow down the source of the problem. From what I can tell after reading your post it could be either a hardware error or something with Overbridge or you computer / DAW (or a combination of either / all parts).

2 Likes

yes thanks, just been talking to another fellow Elektronaught about this,
will be trying this asap. dont think its anything to do with overbridge but will do tests anyway

1 Like

Ok! Overbridge is still a minefield so I´d always try to figure out any issues with my Elektron boxes in stand alone mode first. Feel free to hit me up again if you need more input and good luck!

2 Likes

Really upset here with Elektron user care.

After doing some fault finding with a Eurorack company I’ve got a hardware problem with my Digitakt we think.

I opened a ticket 29.7.21. I got a quick reply on 3.8.21 which I have replied to 4 times to now but my replies just seem to be falling on deaf ears. Not one acknowledgment from them since.

Is this normal from Elektron?

JV

I don’t think so, at least not in my experience. For the past few months, they’ve been dealing with the Power Handle recall, which must involve a lot of admin for the support team. I’m not trying to make excuses for them, just giving some context for why things might be a bit slower at present.

Cheers Craig

Not heard about this power handle recall

Hopefully I’ll hear something soon

1 Like

I’m having issues with my A4, and the response time from Elektron has been super-fast the whole time. No more than 24 hours have passed between replies, but most were within a few hours. I am on the West Cost of the US and, judging by the way you format your dates, you seem to be somewhere in Europe :slight_smile:

Maybe there is a local issue happening over there? I’m also assuming that the person I’m interacting with is in the US. I know that I had to send my unit to an office here on the West Coast.

I believe some parts of Sweden have a quiet August (as they do in Italy in some sectors) - so that (on top of covid etc) might account for the general quietness - there’s gonna be a bit of catching up in September with any backlog

as far as @him’s issue it may prove useful to discuss that in the DT general/bugs threads and see if the issue is repeatable on other units (if not too esoteric) - but ultimately it presumably must be DIN Sync or MIDI related (seems unlikely to be audio related - especially as class compliance means just that and the regular i/o is well spec’d) - so arguably if a simple test can be proposed you may still learn something - the support system (i believe) operates on a priority basis - a sort of triage - so perhaps your (undisclosed here) issue is not something that can be progressed rapidly as it may fall into the wrong queue … theoretically - anyway, never had any issues on support side, but there has been a seasonal dip in the footfall of the Elektron folks behind the scenes on Elektronauts - there’s definitely that late summer thing and i think a few curious people may have been thinking/hoping that a new ‘SynTakt’ was in the offing - so maybe that pre-release phase is keeping folk on their toes - plus, yeah, that power handle recall would presently be an additional support admin headache

Having my first go at Elektron support, submitted a ticket regarding my OT MKII crashing every 15-30 seconds. Ticket was submitted over a week ago, I received the submission confirmation but never got a response otherwise. The scary thing is, others who reported having my exact issue almost unanimously had to repeat the repair process a second time. Mine is no longer under warranty and I’ve already had to cancel upcoming paid gigs because I have nothing to perform them with.

My AH mk2 had an issue. Elektron was quick to respond and help me get it shipped to them for repair. I shipped it via UPS in August and sent them the tracking information. Since then, I have had no response from the repair tech when asking if they got my AH mk2. (Tracking shows it was delivered).

I’ve sent emails asking for updates - no response.
I opened a new ticket asking for a status update on my AH mk2. No response.

Are y’all going out of business or something? It’s been over 2 months now with no response at all. Did you get my machine? Is it lost? I know times are tough and it can take more time than usual to fix my AH. But there has been no response to my emails or tickets from Elektron since I shipped them my broken AH mk2.

A response, any response, would be appreciated.

ETA:
Elektron Music Machines Inc
1340 E 6th Street #630
Los Angeles, CA 90021
USA

Phone: +1-213-935-8521

I just called this number and it is disconnected? Before I was concerned, but I’m about to be highly pissed.

My Digitakt had to go back to Elektron, for repair, from the UK, and took way longer than I expected (6 weeks in total including the whole of August). The poor summertime skeleton staff had to put up with me complaining every week. Eventually it became clear that it was customs in both countries holding things up.

Its probably a similar scenario for you, but really we’re almost at the end of October, thats a long time to be waiting for a repair.