Elektron should do a run of black faceplates for the MD & MM

There is a market for these face plates as we have seen, however Dick Malibu has ceased operations and does not respond to requests anymore.

I don’t know how many MD’s and MM’s were sold, but will venture that at least some percentage of owners value these machines enough to pursue cosmetic upgrades. I’ve had the white on black (Mark II) screens professionally installed on both units and would love to add the black matte plates to match my A4, AH and DT.

Would Elektron support such an idea? I think that you will make some dedicated users happy. A limited run of 100 plates on both units would be ideal to test the waters.

Fellow Elektronauts - feel free to dismiss this topic and move on to another thread if you are not enthusiastic about the idea. Enthusiasts! - please chime in. Black monomachine. Black machinedrum.

3 Likes

I wish Elektron made the monomachine again.

9 Likes

11 Likes

While I would love a black faceplate for my mono, I wouldn’t get my hope up for an official version

For what it’s worth - I’d absolutely love a black matte faceplate for my Machinedrum, official or otherwise.

1 Like

Just do a run a MDs and MNMs in DT/DN form factor. :wink:

6 Likes

I’d like a black faceplate for my MD UW+

Of couse, that is all assuming price, quality,design, et al

3 Likes

I’d like a MDUW style OT

2 Likes

Me too, but still black ! Black squares trigs / buttons…
No labels is pure black beauty for me. Wouldn’t do that with A4, but maybe with OT.

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/f/4/f4e1d5ca89d811b6d65e097be2a4146e7a66e724.jpg

2 Likes

comically too much black.

For me MD seems more serious like that.

Still too much red and white. I want black leds. :joy:

3 Likes

too much black.

Makes me want to use my MD for programming black metal blast beats.

3 Likes

never! I want the Elektron Goth Editions.

I tried this once, it was quite good.

6 Likes

This way ?

2 Likes

I’d be up for a Monomachine faceplate in grey to match my Octatrack MKII.
Sounds like there is a market here for these coloured faceplates.

When you play in a dark place you will appreciate the lighter color

1 Like

Would be easy enough to redo an old faceplate any old way you want. Getting a laser cut metal piece is possible too but a lot more work.

Oddly enough, that’s what the first MD I encountered was doing in my band at the time. It wasn’t black though.

I digg that black faceplate but then I’d need the grey rubberised encoders

The modern rubberised black encoders fit perfectly to an MD btw!! :+1:

I know Dick Malibu isn’t making these anymore. Is anyone else making any? Or what about the schematics so we can take them to a laser shop to get them cut ourselves? Anyone have that?

I’ve always been a fan of the black and the red faceplates on the mnm and md.