Elektron should do a run of black faceplates for the MD & MM

I don’t understand why. :wink:

I’d like an MnM, but with a black faceplate!

What about a scanner?

I’m jealous of your Black Machinedrum! That’s what I want!

What do you mean a scanner?

Scanner / printer
You scan a faceplate and draw with the right software upon the scanned file.
Adobe Illustrator maybe

Ah ok. I gotcha. I may just do that when mine gets here. Thank you for the idea. Makes me curious why nobody else does this.

I’ll give it a shot. Hmm, maybe I’ll make a red OT in the meantime just to get things worked out.

1 Like

You mean an MD?

OT faceplate seems a bit more complicated to disassemble.

I saw an MnM with black sticker. Not confident in this.

Yeah I’m not wanting to do the vinyl overlay. Yeah I was talking about the MD but I figured I could try to get the faceplate off my OT and scan that now since I already have it here with me. I didn’t think about how complicated it would be to get it off. The rotaries might be tricky. The cross fader isn’t an issue. Maybe something inside the box an issue?

You get why it is not that simple?
There are screws on the other side of the faceplate.

Ah. Well that throws that idea out. I’m not going to take it off with it being that involved. Thanks for that insight bro!

1 Like

I did this a few years ago (with a white faceplate from DM) and it was very easy to do. There’s some pix in this thread-

That looks amazing. I’ve spoke to him not too long ago. I wish I could do a red octatrack and a red machinedrum as well as a red monomachine down the road. Although the silver boxes look badass in black. If I had the option it would be a hard one to decided.

I like the white octatrack, a silver one would have been pretty original too. I love the se-1 Moog style knobs too. Are they press on or d type knobs and do they scratch the surface when you press and turn?

The knobs just slid on and have a locking screw that you could carefully tighten to the flat part of the D shaft. They were several mm over the surface of the panel so didn’t make contact when pressed.

I still have the white panel for the A4, will do the white/Moog knob treatment if I get another one.

1 Like