Elektron Night - Berlin

That place looks really cool!

2 Likes

As this thread seems to stand on its last legs I will just give you guys an update.

So Void and me went to KAOS to check out the the rooms they have and which one would be best suited for our Event.

Basically there is one room which we deemed to fit perfectly. Completely with Nice view and a Bar in there.
Only thing now would be the price, which we donā€™t know yet. Unfortunately there was no one from.management there so we still have to contact them.

Anyways we have to reschedule because this months date will not work. Organizing this will take more time and some work but will be worth it in the end.

As of now I would like everyone to post who could bring some utilities. We will need a Mixer of some sorts with enough Ins. We need a way to sync a lot of synths.
I could bring a pair of adam a7xs but a bigger PA is preferable.

Itā€™s a hassle but keep your eyes on the price. Thank you.

3 Likes

No hassle at all, I thought that this got stranded over Xmas and NYE so any news is good news.

I got a Mackie mixer with 6 mono and 4 stereo inputs that I could bring to the event if wanted and love to help out with other stuff too. Of cause itĀ“s all depending if IĀ“m in town when the new event is taking place.

best

ringo

2 Likes

ā€¦mmā€¦not really? just waiting for a warmer weather and getting things organized? :relaxed:

i think i might have missed a message or somethingā€¦when did this happen?

ā€¦still, i think i missed any message related to thisā€¦we? :scream:

1 Like

worry not.
we just went there to check it out since we both live close. Tbh it didnā€™t seem like the January event would happen.

So hey, what do you think?

1 Like

as this period seemed not to be the most favorable for an Elektron Night, the idea is to move the event to something around March, when the weather would/should be slightly better than it is now and would also give more time to organize things.

ideally, people shouldnā€™t have to worry much about bringing PAs and the like, as the venue should eventually be ready for that type of things. those who would like to, could play their own liveset (as long as they fit time-wise) and there could be other related activitiesā€¦definitely not a meetup where people have a coffee and cake, maybe on the way out :grin:

1 Like

it sort of did as weather conditions and festivity didnā€™t fit together but thereā€™ll be more news to come at some point, stay tunad :grin:

1 Like

ah yeah wellā€¦
so our concepts of how/what this could/should be might differ by some amount.

so personally I think it would be best to nimbly create a loose get-together. Quickly organized and then lets just do it. Basically keeping organizational efforts relatively low. If that works, it can happen again, and maybe again, and grow from there.

On the other hand, if we wait and let it sit and drag on until everything is perfect and the weather is nice and everyone will have a one-hour live-PA readyā€¦ I fear it just wonā€™t happen at all, or be disappointing in the end, because there will be high expectations.

I mean lets face it: this will be a small-scale sausage fest with a handful of nerds, not a huge festival. Thereā€™s not a ton to organize. Lets just do this.

2 Likes

totally agree. i am less interested in live sets than in a d.i.y. workshop thing, where one can talk about issues, tips and tricksā€¦

2 Likes

I would be happy to just sit there and drink coffe and talk elektron science with fellow elektronauts. Iā€™m happy to jam also.

2 Likes

Could try rosies

1 Like

There is this panke place at gericht strasse in berlin wedding.
I attend the ableton user group there.
Space would be perfect. They have pa and bar and mixer.
Furthermore they have open mic nights which means we could just take over with our little boxes.
Iirc second and last Thursday of month.

On Mobile

Anybody could post a link please to the pankeculture.com

I can bring a ah mixer zed 10.

3 Likes

aye, looks good! http://www.pankeculture.com

1 Like

An Elektron open mic hijack would be seriously funny. Imagine all the confused guitarists. Or maybe thereā€™s more electronic stuff at Berlin open mics?

Anyway, wishing you guys a fruitful hangout :thup:

3 Likes

I follow this thread when more informations i try to come and meet you guys

nice one WilliamWiLD :relaxed: :thup: :control_knobs:

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

that place looks awesome!

count me in too! are there any date up!

BTW the stockholm meet up is set 7th of march at PSB in sthlm.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1820264914920922/

Germans get over here! :smiley:

1 Like