Elektron Night - Berlin

I’m in Berlin, and wanna join!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 if in january

Hey hey! Looks like 28th January is working for everyone so far. If you haven’t already, please check what dates work for you and let us know: http://doodle.com/poll/zb32gddfugggc3c325

@guga time to look for a venue :smiley:

I am looking for a similar thing in Stockholm! Berliners come to Sthlm if intrested, DM me! :smiley:

i’ve recently moved to Berlin, and am all for this !!

3 Likes

Wrong link!

Good link: http://doodle.com/poll/zb32gddfugggc3c3

indeed :relaxed: :hourglass_flowing_sand:

…or the other way around :grin:

I’ll be traveling to Berlin next year from Seattle, anyone have good resources for techno* and synth “must hit” spots?

*By this I just mean good synth-inclusive music.

Schneider’s laden is quite fascinating if you are into modular or just boutique stuff. Very friendly staff and hands on a lot of rare things.

The synth section at just music is quite cool too. And personally I would check out the events at spektrum for experimental music if that is your cup of tea.

1 Like

As for techno, someone else can probably fill you in way better - but I quite enjoy left fieldish nights at OHM.

1 Like

Ofcourse! I could probably bring around 5 more with me!

This is our fb-page.

We are a mix of DJ-s and producers within techno and dance-music based in sthlm.

1 Like

…so I just asked at Rathenau Hallen if they had some smaller space to rent but the smallest they could offer was 360m2 for around 1k :dizzy_face: .

I don’t know many spaces in Berlin since I moved here recently but I will ask some of my colleagues at work.

Anybody else got more luck?

Spektrum replied but understandably they said they don’t want to host events based around commercial companies.

1 Like

But it really isn’t about a commercial company. I mean it is mere coincidence we meet here on elektronauts. Could of been any other board no?

1 Like

Even though this event is not hosted by Elektron, it is quite focused on their stuff though, is it not?

Spektrum said something like it would be ok if we merged this with a Modular Meetup.

1 Like

Their issue is most likely the exclusive nature of focusin on some brand of gear.
Seems like a misunderstanding since I don’t think anybody wanted it to be the Elektron Country Club.
But anyways… I would certainly be very open to merge it with other events, especially with Modular Meetup.

Maybe we need to rebrand the whole idea and let another user here inquire about it at spektrum again, just without mentioning Elektron :smiley:

More like “groovebox-enthusiasts” or something

I know one space where we could definitely do this, it is good and it should be on the affordable side I think. Downside is it’s not exactly in the city center but totally worth a visit. It’s a large DIY warehouse artist space thing.

http://kaosberlin.de/

They have lots of space, this room specifically is nice and cozy, directly by the water and has a bar:

Think they don’t have a great PA, probably better to organize something ourselves, but maybe we don’t need a huge system and monitors would be enough? If you guys want to do it there I can just walk over and ask them, it’s practically next door…

3 Likes

Loool I was on the phone with them like 5 minutes before my post.
From the looks of it it’s super nice :slight_smile: And I don’t have a PA, but I could bring a pair of Adam Monitors, if that would help. It’s around 10 minutes on foot.

Did you already make experience with the location, like you rented it or something?

ha then we must be close neighbors :smiley:

yea I’m there often, my roomie works at the place and I know the people.