Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

@Andreas_R

Here you go!

Every sound made from that sample:
https://m.soundcloud.com/daren-ager/octatrack-darenager-pursuits

2 Likes

@mikkel_zen made a playlist of all the tracks here:

5 Likes

looks like Elektron have really upped their hype game for the OT mk3…

19 Likes

I doesn’t need buttons, knobs or a fader. You just waggle a bone at it and it generates Ligeti syle tone clusters, perfectly realised except for annoying little ‘clicks’ at the start…

11 Likes

Same for me. What was the price?

@Zillamatic used an Analog Rytm, and selected an Analog Keys as their prize. (Winner got a pick of any machine)

The well deserved winning entry:

Original thread: Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

8 Likes

Yes. Let us dream for a bit. Then wake up annoyed realising it really was just a 10 year celebration and nothing else :laughing:

Instead of simply an MKIII, the new OT will apparently be called Kyrie (written always in italic)… and will stand and be used only in a vertical position…

Elektron Octatrack Kyrie

2 Likes

IIRC the looping device in question is Machinedrum.
Finally found it!

Summary

Https://youtu.be/Y74vdIl4R8c

https://youtu.be/tZF2w9aU32U

2 Likes

Uh I own several pieces from both companies. If someone makes what I needs and it does what it’s supposed to do then that’s what I’ll be using.

Shhh :face_with_hand_over_mouth: We’re not meant to be talking about a simple looping device :rofl:

The first rule.

:laughing:

3 Likes

Very interesting UI! But I think very progressive, too, as sitting is the new smoking so they designed for performing while standing.

1 Like

Awesome thanks! :beers::beers:

Black OT MKII. Would be very surprised if it was anything beyond that at all.

they have given us some insight into their thoughts though which might shed some light on the direction they are going. They’ve shown us that they are not purveyors of snobby development, as if they don’t share the mind set of those kind of users who put down the model series because it wasn’t as difficult to grasp as the octatrack. I think they are more down to earth than some of their users think and prefer inclusive accessibility over Bourgeois boutique accessibility. They also obviously like creating immensely powerful instruments, so imho I think those are the two elements they strive for, more accessible workflow while retaining powerful creative possibilities… I bet the new flagship if there is one will be much easier to use than the octatrack and much more powerful than the model samples

3 Likes

Btw I heard they planned an update for next Machinedrum anniversary! :loopy:
Probably more feasible than for OT, maxed out.
Tempo per pattern maybe?

1 Like

Made a quick video with a bit of description, though most people know how it is done.

15 Likes

It’s official. New Octatrack to be revealed at NAMM. Don’t @ me.

says who?

Hector appeared to me in a dream and confirmed it

4 Likes