Is the Octatrack the best Music Machine?

I have got a lot of synth and sampler over the last years but no device like the OT has inspired me more. Starting years ago with the innovative video it is still a reference.
I hope once Elektron brings a OT 2 and not only an MK3.

Define best?

I love Octatrack because is a machine full of contradictions!
Yes it has so many options but at the same time so many limitations that makes you actually use your brain in a unique way …
Tried to sale it 3 times… thank god no one bought it!!

1 Like

On one hand, I always like to think that it is the musician who makes the difference and not the instrument.

On the other, I sure hope it is as I will finally pick one up tomorrow :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

answer: Yes

1 Like

If you want to play flute with it it’s perhaps the worst.

4 Likes

But if you can’t play the flute, but want to sound like you can, the OT’s a good choice IMO :slight_smile:

Best is subjective, but I’d say most original and flexible music machine of the last decade.

2 Likes

That’s what I was going to say.

Also: Yes.

1 Like

Its a yes from me.

1 Like

With Octatrack, it’s always tuesday! :wink:

1 Like

Well…yes.

1 Like

Worked for me with saxophone :wink: the octatrack metronome sounded better than the sax I don’t own

10 Likes

Haha spectacular!

1 Like

Well, maybe (just maybe) the OT isn’t the best Music Machine, but it’s a safe bet for your future emotional well-being, because one thing’s for sure:

:wink:

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
(thank you @Ryan)

4 Likes

Actually it might be the only thing i would not recommend OT for.
But to have a saxophone stuttering while sliding down an octave while being live sliced and reversed with a combfilter and endless sustain, the OT might be more handy than a sax player :wink: