Elektron Ergonomics

This is a clean setup and I love the lighting.

1 Like

I tend to turn everything towards me. I always look at others nicely rectangular positioned boxes, looks great and saves a lot of desk space. But for me I need to angle everything towards me at least a bit. My chair/legs only fit under the center of the table, so I can’t move to the sides, so the angle is more needed because of that maybe.

I’ve very much experienced how I play the OT less since I’ve moved it a row back to make way for the Rytm. Ideally I’ll find a solution for that.

Here’s the newest additions setup to the side: AS-1, midi keyboard plus my 11 year old student iMac which still manages to play Analog Lab that came with the Keylab keyboard. Because my legs don’t fit under that diy stand, my back does get sore after playing with the midi keyboard or AS-1 for too long…

3 Likes

ikea Markus

I got a $300+ basically unused chair for $25 shipped through OfferUp about a year ago, soft casters for a hardwood floor and all. As previously stated I never have any noticeable bodily issues when seated, the chair is pretty much invisible.

I don’t notice it being uncomfortable and I don’t notice it being extremely comfy. I just sit in it.

Not sure if it was mentioned above but the Digi devices have VESA holes on the back. This has allowed me to mount both the DT and DN on inexpensive monitor arms that both swivel and tilt.

I also mounted a bracket to the back of each device so they slide off the arm with the press of a button. *** Just remember to purchase the right length screws so you don’t crack the main board!

By using the protective lid as a base it is possible to use them as tabletop units despite the mounting bracket (I also keep a spare psu to avoid having to mess with unwinding bound cables).

8 Likes

Steelcase Gesture chair.
Much cheaper than a Herman Miller, and actually much more comfortable. VERY adjustable.

These stands look alright

6 Likes

I can definitely recommend them! Just know that the Analog 4/Rytm MK IIs are too deep to be on the front shelf.

Ultimate Support modular stands, in case anyone was wondering.

4 Likes

I have the double tier setup shown above. It’s cool and sturdy. For me it’s important to have a place to rest my elbows either on the table, pushing back the setup, or on my chair armrests.

6 Likes

Im considering getting 2 of just the front part for my desk, and probably will
because i swap what im using often it will fit all the different sizes

thanks those look nice but even the refurbished models are more expensive than the Herman millers

Miller is $1900
Steelcase are $900 (listed at 1300 but they’re on sale for 900)

which model of Herman are you comparing to?

The only office Herman’s to get Aeron, and the also acceptable Embody.

You can’t top the Eames and Ottoman tho :+1:t6:

1 Like

Look at Kab. Far from cheap, but the most comfortable chair I’ve ever owned.

1 Like

any particular model?

Another studio chair to consider is the Hag Capisco. I’ve been using one in my studio for many years and highly recommend them. Totally sorted out my back pain issues.

1 Like

I have the KAB Controller. I bought it from Office Chairs UK for £878 - not cheap as I said. But all my other chairs have broken after a couple of years at most. This one still looks and behaves like new after 18 months.

1 Like

There’s an extremely similar stand in Thomann now for a third of the price, if anyone’s interested:

5 Likes

great, … that is eyactly what I was searching for…

1 Like