Elektron Ergonomics

Noob question: I never know how these angled arms work. Do you buy the whole thing or is it a generic system of stands where you can screw on stuff like a phone clamp? Very noob maybe but I’ve wondered often. For example I have a tripod from my old camera but those mounts seem to have a different fitting? Is this a mic stand? (Never had one so can’t recognize?:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is called Manfrotto magic arm and it’s multifunctional. Look it up, it has several ways to assemble it, with different head pieces, some for mounting cameras, other for lightning etc. Mine is with standard camera mounting plate with a screw which is the same as all camera tripods out there. The smartphone clamp is also manfrotto and it fits the same screw, because it’s made to be mounted on tripods instead of normal camera. I hope I answer your question.

1 Like

Interested in this as well. Anyone here has them? Can they be hacked into a 2 tier rack?

Interested in the ultimate support stand as well, but 2 of them + expander would cost me close to €200 :money_with_wings:

Looking for a rack that can accommodate OT at the bottom tier and 2 digis on top

This extension allows you to have two tier rack…so 2 of the racks plus one extension would be 70e more or less… Roadworx Synthesizer Stand Extension – Thomann België
I have no rack, but thinking on buying one for my Peak (and maybe another for DN/DT…)

1 Like

Anyone knows a stand like this that fits for a Rytm Mk2 and a DN?

I 3D printed stands for my boxes and it made a huge difference. Definitely worth it to pay for them if you don’t have access to a 3D printer

wow this is actually exactly what i was looking. search for roadworx on thomann and the extension didnt come up

thanks a bunch. def going to get it now

1 Like

I would consider using a dual tier for the MK2 Analogs with a 3Dwaves or equivalent stand, centered between the speakers, and then put the OT next to that, up front, with the reverb pedal behind the OT.

With a stable, slanted dual tier, you would get forward tilt that helps with ergonomics, plus compact arrangement that keeps cable runs in mind.
So whatever you put on top (A4?) doesn’t feel so distant.

1 Like

I know the troubles.
I changed it in a way that makes other troubles:
I don’t have a fixed table for my stuff.
I have an empty table where I build setups.
At the moment I have my force connected with an megafm, and a pedal between those two.
Next week it could be an mb33 with another pedal connected with it.

Benefit: every setup is optimal for the use case.
Trouble: This cable management is a pain.

For me it’s worth is.

Anyone using a stand directly behind their DigitoneKeys™? …would like to prop up my Octatrack right there behind and angled past the keyboard bed.

If you tilt and have a supportive lip you support your arms on the back of the units like this:

I had mine setup like that before I started building my dedicated studio space.

4 Likes

nice! exactly. what stands are you using?

1 Like

:grimacing: I knew I’d open that can :joy:

They’re custom ones I designed and 3D printed.

It’s possible I might do a few “on request”orders if I find some time.

2 Likes

You get swole and make music at the same time. Like Trent Reznor.

8 Likes

I like having everything within arms reach as much as possible. If I’m jamming on an idea I need to be able to hit record on any sequencer without disrupting the flow.

I’m fine with some things being on a second tier, it encourages me to stand up more in the studio which I feel is good for my back :upside_down_face:
If I’m sitting for long periods I tend to support my arms by holding the units like Airyck showed a couple posts back.

I’m currently using a laptop stand to raise a synth, and a compressor rack unit to raise digitakt + synth module, I feel like if these things were all tilted better I would have a much better time with them though.

I’m tempted to eventually try to raise everything a bit to encourage standing for longer

I should have a look at a two-tier stand. I currently only rock the Rytm Mk2 + OT mk2. Such a great combination for techno. Some other bits of gear around to sample but those two as main set.

Actually the OT is still behind, haven’t changed them back. For now I like it, because it helps me focus most of my learning on the newer Rytm: Great to really try and get the most out of that for now. But as soon as that’s done, I’ll either put them side by side or try a two-tier. Ideally I’d get a foldable version, that you can easily throw in backpack when out to play somewhere…

1 Like

Don’t know that such a thing exists for an analog MK2 :thinking:

1 Like

Do you like to translate/keep the home setup the same to how you perform live?

Yea mostly.
I don’t bring stands tho.

And I just transport with decksavers fastened with elastic-Velcro straps, and a fair bit of foam between them, all put into an HPRC 2550w carry on hard case.

2 Likes

In terms of ergonomics I started collecting ideas over the internet and found the below stand (thanks to the guy in Thingiverse, who decided to share the *.stl file :wink: ) for Elektron Digitakt & Digitone, which I 3D printed by a friend of mine. I was surprised by the quality as you can see from the pics below:

Also found 2-tier bracket for Moog DFAM, Mother-32 or SubHarmonicon, which I did not mount yet. Another thanks and appreciation to the person, who shared it in Thingiverse:

The problem is that beside looking really good and sturdy, both stands have to be mounted with screws to the boxes; thus making traveling with them a bit of a challange. Maybe for the Moogs will be easier if I found similar case like the original padded one for Sub Phatty, but still not sure if it will be the best choice (looks it has similar position of knobs vs. keys compared to the angle of when mounting 2 Moog units with the bracket above. Therefore I am planning to make 2-tier stands for the Elektrons and Moogs with the option to be freely removable from the stand itself. If someone is interested and would like to help me building them, feel free to contact me.

3 Likes