Elektron at NAMM 2018

Volca khakis

1 Like

Hey hey hey HEY! - You wear the Volcas, they donā€™t wear you.

Love your body, no matter how hard these synth companies try to body shame you.

#plussizevolcawearersarepeopletoo

3 Likes

I also hope theyĀ“re not releasing new gear before the existing ones are working well!

Heading for DT 1.05, OB High Sierra DT & AR MK1 ready, AR 1.32

Otherwise me, as already pissed DT user, has bought itĀ“s final Elektron gear with DT!

2 Likes

Isnā€™t Minilogue already polyphonic and reasonably priced?

2 Likes

The new Korg Poly will definitely have at least 8 voices and Iā€™m guessing a bigger keyboard, maybe full sized keys too. It wonā€™t be competing with the Minilog.

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested in a poly if it were in desktop format.

Iā€™d love this to be the NAMM that the big boys decide they will release key and desktop versions of all their future releases! :smile:

2 Likes

I want to see what Korg does as well. Iā€™m hoping for another analog Volca. I actually really love the Volca Keys and Bass and would like to see a better version of the Beats.

The new Korg poly will be interesting to see.

After getting the Roland SE-02, Iā€™m really excited to see more analog collaborations in Rolandā€™s ā€œdesignerā€ boutique series. Iā€™m hoping they do a killer polyphonic analog in this format.

I want an AK MKII, or a version of the kind. A compact keyboard ws thatā€™s awesome.

Until that happens, Iā€™m sticking to my A4 MKII

New Korg Volca Tritonā€¦Triton Engine with 32 voices and 128 Presets in Volca format.

Elektronā€¦new Monomachine MK3 introduction in DT Formfactor, no Machine Concept, instead VA approach with ROMpler Engine for Drums like the Circuit, multitimbral, 16 voices, Release Date, not before Winter NAMM 2019ā€¦

2 Likes

What about AR + A4 + AH in one workstation Keyboard with 3D Touch :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thatā€™d workšŸ˜Š

1 Like

That would be pretty sick

1 Like

Would soooo love a Volca Triton!

2 Likes

My ideal MnM successor would ditch the VA part entirely to focus on interesting digital synthesis techniques. Fm and wavetable are a must for me, but could also explore some more exotic algorithms.
I could see them doing a super full featured digital engine with all of the above in one, ditching the machine concept like the A4 does. That would be rad too.

4 Likes

Two Elektron products I would like to see:

Analog poly - a gray development of AK. Monotimbral, 8 voice, utilising the analog engine.

Digimix - 8 stereo track mixer with two fx inserts per track. Like OT without sampler. Overbridge charged.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why there is so much animosity towards the Mk2ā€™s. I happily traded up to an MD mk2ā€™s when it came around (as many did) and I donā€™t remember peeps at the time being upset or feel Elektron had done something disappointing. Same with the MnM mk1 > mk2

2 Likes

Volca Rythm mkii, Volca Rythm FM, Volca PM (physical modeling) ā€¦wonder what theyā€™ll throw at us next

2 Likes

I had mixed feelings- but mostly because I was trying to sell a RYTM when it was announced

IMO the MKII MD didnā€™t cause such a stir because the upgrade was officially due to component availability issues.

Also users benifitted at certain times from a buyback offer and the ability to undertake hardware upgrades to their MKI machines (ie UW and +Drive).

Of course that all happened a long time ago back in the Elektron Users days. :wink:

As for NAMM: :elmm::heat:

2 Likes

I had such a great time to use the A4?AR mk1ā€™s for 5/3 years and now very exited with the mk2ā€™s. Itā€™s just technology get used to it. The A4/AR mk1ā€™s are still working and supported for years to come. Anywho iā€™ll always going to upgrade to the latest new hardware. And i dont see it as value lost, i even see the A4/AR MK2ā€™s as a bigger upgrade than the MD/MM mk1ā€™s to mk2ā€™s at the time.

Since the start of the Machinedum i was always a first wave user. But one thing i can say about buying a Elektron machine new. Buy it within one year from introduction. If the Elektron machine is more then 1,5 years on the market look of a second hand Elektron machine.