Elektron at NAMM 2018

I suspect most of the Digitakt issues will be largely bottomed out by the time NAMM comes around in a month. I don’t doubt that the guys have been working like mad and will be gutted they didn’t manage to fix things pre Xmas.

So with that in mind, we’ll probably see a giant show off of Overbridge at NAMM and, I hope, the 8 track MnM in Digitakt form factor that I’ve been hoping for since pretty much the Digitakt was announced.

My preference would be a combination of MnM and MD engines. 8 voices over 8 tracks however you see fit would make for one hell of a groove box.

6 Likes

Even better- I think they’ll be making something completely NEW! With what I imagine the capabilities of it being in going to be very happy that I have the DT(especially if it does FM) <3

Edit: but if it WAS just a reincarnation of silver- that would be pretty cool

1 Like

how in the world is it unfinished? a few small in the scheme of things bug fixes along with overbridge which nearly came out this week and will be out in a few. It would be nuts for them to delay a new product announcement at the biggest trade show for that reason.

2 Likes

i don’t really care for the “digitakt form factor”. whatever it is i hope it is a serious piece of music gear with plenty of inputs and outputs. that will be the important question for me. i don’t even really care if the engine is sampling based, synth based, analog or digital or whatever. i can make music with whatever you throw at me, but i need decent connectivity.

3 Likes

I guess a piano is right out, as far as you’re concerned then😊

6 Likes

sorry mr beethoven, i aint no rich kid, i never had piano lessons and i couldn’t care less about it…

2 Likes

No need to be rich to learn intervals, scales, chords, inversions, progressions … especially if you can make music with whatever someone throw at you :wink:

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

My apologies, I was only joking. I meant no harm. I’n sorry if I was blunt. I’m not rich, got no piano and wouldn’t be a Beethoven if I had.

Again, my apologies for any damage done.

3 Likes

Come on… people have waited for critical midi fixes for more than half a year and Overbridge is still not out even though they said it would be in 2017. It doesn’t feel right to me that they keep putting out numerous new boxes while their old ones are still in this state…

That said, I am looking forward to whatever they are releasing next. Would be nice to see some good old Elektron innovation instead of all these mk2:s they have been putting out recently.

1 Like

[/quote]
especially if you can make music with whatever someone throw at you :wink:
[/quote]

which is not what i said if you’d bother to read carefully.

1 Like

good for you.
i’m not going to elaborate on the connection between class and access to culture, because it’s just silly to argue that.
anyway, the fact that people get so upset by a statement like that just shows how true it is.

Id love to see a combined Analog Keys and Sampler (Stereo sampling ) keyboard about the same form factor as AK -----This would be ultimate workstation!!!
Sampling DNA would be from OT ----Analog DNA would be from A4MK2
My prediction is if Electron release any new hardware for NAMM this is what it will be.

Not upset at all. And i can hear and respect everyone opinion. I just think if people want to learn something they can learn everything today without spending that much and of course if they want…

they can make music without much musical knowledge. But I do think it’s important to progress to learn. Otherwise you stagnates on the surface and take too much time to express yourself.
Also everyone can have wrong in his/her quest and how he/she handle it to reach their goals (Me the first one)

That’s what I think. Anyway if I deviated from what it said (statement or whatever) i do think what i write may be of interest to somebody, to open the mind of others as completely missing out for someone else, and it does not matter if it’s the case.

As long as people take pleasure in making music or noise… I’m cool with it !

3 Likes

For th e first NAMM in years, I’m sitting on cash, for audio goods.

I’m kinda hoping that nobody turns up at the show.

2 Likes

NAMM 2018:
Featuring:
Nothing new!
A collection of companies that came together to merely acknowledge and celebrate how cool electronic music and gear is

You might be onto something @NUoldNu :smiley:

6 Likes

Last year, I had cash ready and armed for a new purchase, but nothing came out that I wanted! This year, I have exhausted my music budget, so I’m sure there will be a ton of stuff I want :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Would be a refreshing change!

Elektron: we realised we reached our pinnacle with the MK2 boxes,so here cenk playing for 72 hours straight.

Roland: the only thing we could think of doing, was making a miniature version of the D2, but nobody needs that so here’s some flowers we’ve arranged in a cute fashion.

Korg: we are discontinuing all products and moving into bespoke tailoring. The volca underpants range will be hitting TK Maxx in the spring

Etc.

5 Likes

Great! You’ve now ruined it for everyone else :smile:

1 Like

Meanwhile providing further evidence that I need to get back into fitness- there’s no way I’d be able to fit into Volca attire

1 Like