Electro Harmonix 95000, 6 Track Looper

I see a 6 track looper, which could be useful for live techno setup, what do you think?

1 Like

There was some discussion in the NAMM 2018 topic:

Yes I use the ehx 45000 make loops compositions of tracks works like multitracker loop thing

How do you use it combination with the OT. I’m guessing DT->OT->EHX->OT ?

I guess I’m curious what does the looper add that the OT can’t do already?

Perhaps he just want to conserve those prescious OT tracks?
In any case, a dedicated looper unit with its own buttons and a fast UI has several use advantages over a convoluted PUP setup…

1 Like

Bingo… more free tracks. the 45000 is great multi track looper playback

1 Like

I understand. Feel like constantly running out of tracks with the OT… It can do so much, you get megalomaniac easily :wink:

1 Like

Yes I also like to have independent sources and let the OT do his job. if I want to change things drastically and change and make interludes more effective and the pick up machines on OT has never work on me smoothly .so all those pick up type maneuvers its more easy on the 45000 and sync

1 Like

Has anyone compared this to Roland’s RC loopers? I love my RC-202’s ease, but hate the plastic build (and look).

For looping outside the OT, I gave up on extra stand alone hardware (until something REALLY good comes to the market) and went Ableton after looking at a video from master Rheyne:

3 Likes

I have a 95000. It’s pretty good, I think. Haven’t used it in awhile, but I agree that some extra looped tracks doesn’t hurt

1 Like

For me, it’s basically for use as a compositional tool, rather than as a performance tool. I like to use a looper as a way to come up with guitar and bass loops to sample or feed into a multitrack. It keeps the music creation process away from the computer. I’m actually loving what I’ve seen of this looper. I’m very tempted (once I’ve sold off some other gear).

2 Likes

Yes I do the same, I don’t look at the computer, it’s far away and screen not lit. Just keep looping with instruments, quasi unlimited takes and tracks.
I even use the sound on sound looping in the EL CAP pedal into another looper in Ableton, really effective.

Edit & update:

Seriously hoping NAMM or any other event in the near future will announce a looping beast unleashed!

2 Likes

Yeah, I should actually cool my jets and wait it out a bit. I am doing a big gear reshuffle at the moment and it’s tempting to change out the looper but certainly not mission critical. Maybe I’ll wait until after winter NAMM.

It’s sad, but I just hate the look of my RC-202. For me, aesthetics actually matter in terms of motivation to use a piece of gear.

1 Like

Just read on the EHX forum that you can’t have loops of varying lengths. You are essentially locked to the length of the first loop, so if it is four bars, you can’t say add an 8-bar bassline after it. That unfortunately kills it for me. Bummer. I guess I stick with my Boss RC-202 until something better comes along.

https://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/8840

1 Like

Agreed. Lost interest completely when I discovered that aspect. Independent track lengths they would have sold a truck load. A big truck.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the 95000, but the 45000 excels as a multi-track sound on sound looper for guitar. I thought of selling mine after acquiring an Octatrack, but the Octatrack is a little too difficult for live looping of guitar playing. The 45000 also accepts midi clock, so a beat programmed on the Octatrack will more or less sync with whatever you play in time into the 45000. This is essential, because if you sync the time by pressing the rec button with your foot or hand, the timing will be off by a little bit and after a few repetitions of the loop it will be very noticeable. Very few hardware guitar loopers have midi sync.

2 Likes

Holy shit. This is pretty much the exact recording device I’ve always wanted - essentially a modern four track in a compact package.

I might buy one right now.

Yeah, I was originally looking at the MPC Live before it came out thinking it would be perfect for me, as I always wanted to mix guitar/bass looping and recording with my sample-based stuff. It turns out that for me it made more sense to go with a full-fledged dedicated looper with midi (the RC-202) and the Digitakt.

The functionality and ease of use of the RC series is the best I’ve tried. To me, the only downsides are that I would (1) trade all of the million effects for a handful of really tasteful ones and (2) like something in a solid aluminum chassis that looks a bit more classy. The EHX has the look and design I want (faders, knobs, etc), but lacks some of the functionality of the RC that I think I would miss too much. Plus, as cheesy as the light show is on the RC, those rings are actually super useful for seeing how far along a loop is. Sigh.

Got one of these on Friday, going to use it for doing a few live jams with the synths. Have to practice first though :smile: But its really fast and easy to use and the sound qualities good which is an important bonus. Just gotta do a Reggie Watts and paint my nails and grow pigtails :smile:

2 Likes