Electro Harmonix 95000, 6 Track Looper

A question about the 95000 for those of you that have used it. I understand that the loop length is fixed, but is it possible to start and end recording on different measures related to the first loop?

So for example, if track/loop 1 is 4 measures long, is it possible to start recording on track/loop 2 on measure 2 and end recording on measure 1?

Appreciations in advance.

Hey Wick,

Is your EHX 45000 syncā€™d via MIDI?

I have the same looper and find it almost impossible to make perfect loops via MIDI clock with the whole ā€œ4 count firstā€ thing.

iā€™ll chime in here as a 45000 user, after several years use i find the easiest way to create a new loop without count in is:

hold stereo and move to empty space
ensure ext clock and quantise are enabled
hit start on your external device sending clock
itā€™ll start recording straight away, hit play when you want the loop to end.

i normally just record silence when i start a new session so i know thereā€™s 4/8 whatever bars ready to go.

If you hit new loop on an existing loop space it will always start with a 1 bar pre count until you move to a blank space.

Hope that makes sense.
For me itā€™s a super solid looper and i find itā€™s really tight with midi clock.

1 Like

trying to understand the 9500s workflow and was wondering what you meant by hold stereo? cheers

I didnā€™t know about the new loop thing. Thanks!

However Iā€™m also confused by the ā€œhold stereoā€ thing. Care to explain?

I own a 45000 version, first loop defines the length of all the other, so you canā€™t have loops of diff lengths. Its quite noisey too (old technology) but very easy to use with text files for BPM etc, plus it can take midi clock too.

best use Loopy HD app on an iPad, best IOS looper out there

its the Stereo button on the unit he is referring to, like a shortcut or shift function

thanks for clarifying, presumably this method works in mono mode too?

@fattyparts

holding stereo mode down allows you to then cycle through loops using reverse/octave
(only when stopped tho, not during play)

2 Likes

I think the issue I would have is hitting stop at the right point to ensure a seamless loop.
Iā€™m thinking by letting the loop run over using sound on sound could lead to interesting results