DT bug reports - OS 1.02

This is bizarre. I updated to 1.0.2 and have had absolutely no crashes, no, deleted +drive, no issues at all, and the finicky encoders are fixed. Granted, I haven’t tried any MIDI yet, but everything else is working flawlessly through several hours of use. How could so many people have constant crashes and bugs and I haven’t had any? Does this mean that the internal parts used may vary from unit to unit?

2 Likes

Haven’t used midi, no crashes here either. I think there’s some features with glitches that me and you just haven’t used heavily yet - like the MIDI.

1 Like

that’s why ?

1 Like

Yes, but people are saying 1.0.2 wipes out their +Drive and that trimming samples causes “constant” crashes. I’ve done that extensively.

ah ok, sorry, i am happy you don’t have problems with that

yeh it’s interesting that some people see these crashes… for me it’s quite stable as long as it doesn’t receive midi clock/transport. Having some random freezes which I can’t trace to specific actions, but haven’t seen an exception message so far, and nothing during sample trimming…

The no-factory-samples one is definitely puzzling… but also some people probably mix up the concept of samples and sounds: the +drive sound browser is supposed to be empty. The factory sample folder is not supposed to be empty.

4 Likes

We have only been able to confirm one unit with this issue and it has nothing to do with the firmware. If anyone else experience this, please contact support and we will sort it out.

5 Likes

Okay, so I have a really weird issue with MIDI. Had it on 1.01, keep having it on 1.02

I plug in a keyboard. A Sub37, in this case. Midi in from Sub to Digi, midi out from Digi to Sub.

I play on the Sub37, using Duo mode - basically, two keys at once. It gets recorded. When the Digi plays it back, it randomises the notes, plays them off key, sometimes switches back to on note again, and so on. One out of ten times, it records and plays back my keyboard pattern as expected. I can’t figure out for the life of my what I’m doing different this tenth time.

To confirm, I’ve tried the Sub37 with other sequencers. Works fine in mono and para mode. I’ve tried using a Reface CS to record into the Digi and get the same odd result. It feels as if the Digi goes for a four-voice poly event per note, even though I’m just using two keys - as if it wants to trigger the other two as well, but completely off the charts.

Also, when trying to replicate this, I deleted the pattern and went at it again. Eventually, the Digi just stopped deleting my midi data and kept playing it back for me, despite the tracks and pattern seemingly empty. No visible trigs in the pattern. Cleared, visually. But the notes were still there.

This bug is so odd, I don’t know what to think. It does render the midi sequencer useless to me. It’s not just shaky. It simply does not work. At all.

I’d file a ticket if I had a proper repro case, but I just don’t know what I’m doing that launches this behaviour. I’ve not read this anywhere else, so I’m wondering if maybe my unit is bonkers.

It does not work that way, sorry. And there is currently just one unit that is affected.

2 Likes

from 1.02 release notes:

MIDI Notes were not cleared from trig when removing trig.

your issue sounds like it could be related to this, maybe it hasn’t been fully fixed - ima look at it

1 Like

Please file it anyway.

2 Likes

Midi still crashes in any ways. Midi to external synth: DT freeze in aprox 20min. Midi to DT from Live same. With USB cable or MIDI cable same problems. Is really frustating.

I’ll work out a better repro case and then file it, to save you guys some time.

1 Like

Hmm. Could be legacy midi that keeps interfering with new midi data. That would explain it, actually.

I’ve been experiencing lock ups while tracks continue to play. This has happened both while recording midi and also with no midi devices on but sending sync 24 out to my 606. Seems to lock up after double tapping stop and then play again quickly in the last bar of the pattern. I logged a ticket about the midi issue but will update with more details.

1 Like

yeah… if you’re in a pattern which contained midi data pre 1.02 — I’d throw my money in that hat… MIDI note out has been working as expected, here.

ive had less crashes when

turned off clock receive
turned off receive cc/nrpn
turned off transport receive
prog channel receive
turbo speed
out port func - midi
thru port - midi
input from midi + USB (usb only used when downloading samples) , i’m not doing any midi input
output - midi
param output CC
encoder dest INT
receive cc - off

so basically turned off any chance of input from midi , reduced what is being sent out
it went for a few hours with no issues, though its only internal stuff, no midi out or audio through.

its a real shame to have these issues , i wouldve expected most of these crashes to be familar to elektron but they just needed to get a new version out. i hope theyre using jira/test track pro and running thorough test plans for proposed fixes.

if theres any debug info that we can send I’d be happy to send it.

3 Likes

Second that. If the Digi creates logs, give us instructions and we can extract and send them to you Elektrons.

2 Likes

new issue - sample selection isnt visually updating.

cleared sequence
added drum trigger
on another step i’m trying to parameter lock it to another sample (e.g. snare)
while in record mode , 14 steps active 14/16
hold step
scroll samp value a little.
move up/down with cursor keys.
sometimes, the micro edit menu appears , but also the sample selection isnt visually updating although the sound is changing when using cursor keys.

it visually updates using dial , but not up/down cursor keys.
I suspect it might be linked to not being 16/16 or something …(although i just popped it back to 16/16 and its still broken)

might be linked with clicking left/right accidentally when using up/down with the sample list open…
the micro timing options appear

ive turned it off/on and its still an issue,

1 Like

Tonight updated to 1.02…After that I had multiple freezes. Al the freezes accured when copying, pasting patterns (that include midi data) All samples I recorded where gone, luckily they where on the +drive, but I had to load them again and adjust all parameters and sequence data again even when I saved everything (pattern/project) beforehand… I hope this will be fixed soon.

I am getting to know this machine very well now. If you do things very fast it freezes sometimes.