Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) New Compilation Mix by DJ Enzyme!

Everyone did a great job. Here’s my picks:

1st - #11
2nd - #9
3rd - #3

3 Likes

So my votes:
#1 6 my favourite kind of DNB, distorted drum, illbient intro… i might buy its vinyl record if released
#2 2c for its atmosphere and the drum evolution
#3 10 interesting take on the DNB genre, loved the vocal sample rework

It is very interesting how many great producers are hanging around this forum, I had at least 10 tracks from which it was really hard to choose.

2 Likes

had a first round through all tracks, need another one as many great tracks here. Will probably vote tomorrow if I have time to listen carefully one more round :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats to all of the entrants and to @BLKrbbt for running such an outstanding contest. Seriously, the quality of the entries is incredible and inspiring, such a blast listening to these while I code today.

4 Likes

Cool.

We need your vote, too, as it’s too close to call a winner.

The votes by you, @1-2 and @monquixote could sway the outcome. Then that’s everyone.

I want to announce on Jan 5th no matter what.

Thank you everyone for voting!

3 Likes

This would be great. I would love to know what people came up with.

2 Likes

I will try and vote this evening.

1 Like

Wooord!

I’m sorry to miss this… worked on a Gravity Falls track, it was quite fun, but should’ve started much sooner. couldnt make it on time. Anyway, I still have to finish it now :slight_smile:

now I listened to all the tracks, and although enjoyed most of them, some quite a lot, I’m a bit surprised that in some, I dont hear much of the animated part. Not that its necessary according to some rules or anything like that, just that I maybe expected more on the animated part… I dont know, that cool bass from Duck Tales theme, some Powerpuff girls samples, silly melodies, and maybe even some meep meep, stuff like that. Some tracks have that kind of stuff, for others, I just dont hear it, but maybe its there somewhere…
it was that part of the battle that draw me into into it in the first place, that it has a theme and its not just about a generic dnb.

please dont take it as serious criticism, just a thing of a personal taste
anyway, thanks a lot to all who participated and I’m really looking forward for round 2! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok so:
#1: track 9
#2: track 5
#3: track 23

All tracks are great, it was hard to make a choice.

Track 9 because I love this atmosphere and deepness. Usually I don’t judge on production skills, but here it really is part of the global feeling I have while listening the track.

Track 5 because omfg this voice <3 I don’t know what is it, it sounds like the kind of hipster pop music that I don’t like but here, that fits f…kin’ well and sounds f…kin’ good with the drums and these monstruous basslines

Track 23 because so much things happen!! While keeping this 2000’s alternative jungle vibe, you guy invite us to a f…kin’trip!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Im going to announce the winners at 10 A.M. on Thursday the 5th of January!

5 Likes

I’ve already done my fag packet maths :sweat_smile:

Surely everyone’s a winner :star_struck:

3 Likes

Crazy level of quality on this one!

I restricted myself to only voting for tracks that were “on brief” so if I couldn’t hear a really clear Animation theme I didn’t vote for them.

My top three are:

#1 - 4 Love the vocal samples and the bassline - Also has a bit of a BoC vibe in places
#2 - 10 - One two three four five sample is great memories of my childhood.
#3 - 18 - Love the track and the samples, sounds like some kind of public information thing

HM to 6 & 7 - Would have put it in my top 3, but I couldn’t hear any animation influence
HM to 17 For the Pinky and the Brain sample

3 Likes

1: 10
2: 6
3: 18

10 loved it and captured the animation theme well.
So much fun and got me groovin. Excellent work
6 one of my favorites of the more subtly used animation tracks, I could still tell the animation samples were there even though they weren’t in you face, nice job and great track all around
18 bassline synthesis, very clever use of samples. Points for being memorable. This track was way more chill and melodic and stood out to me. Superb

Too many hm’s, contenders and good tracks all around. A lot of tracks very close to top3. Some felt animation light or maybe it was just woven in so seamlessly I couldn’t tell. I really enjoyed listening to all of these

2 Likes

Thats everybody.

And if I tallied correctly, I think there is a tie.

Well, its time to wield my power and choose a clear winner. I’m going to listen to all the tracks again.

Maybe I count the sample time used?

Or maybe count runners up? Honorable mentions?

2 Likes

Check back tommorrow at 10 A.M., Chicago time.

2 Likes

In the olympics you can have ties, so joint gold medal would result in no silver but one bronze.

2 Likes

Two men enter, one man leaves.

3 Likes