Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) New Compilation Mix by DJ Enzyme!

1 #12
2 #6
3 #20
note to future self make sure to listen on soundcloud before submitting… I think my truepeak was too high on my mids and soundcloud likely pushed my bass back into oblivion :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

would be kind of fun to have the guess the cartoon game… a few were pretty obvious to me, but I suppose most I would have no clue (akira and steamboat willie are hard to miss)

2 Likes

Just finished listening to the entire playlist and WOW, what an absolutely outstanding selection of tunes. Really hard to narrow it down to three, every track is bursting with imagination and you can really hear how much fun people had with this challenge. Here are my votes, but props to everyone who entered, fantastic tracks the lot!

1 - #23
2 - #11
3 - #19

3 Likes

Major props to #10 — I considered using that source but this song is way, way better than anything I could have done to it! I probably would have sucked the fun out of it

3 Likes

This was really tough to judge as they’re all great and different.

and a close 4th was #10.

3 Likes

Great soundtrack for my first run of 2023. Shoutout to track #8 I nearly ran off the front of the treadmill! Fully crashed into the control panel :crazy_face:

Will listen to the second half of the playlist tomorrow morning on a visit to the supermarket. Watch out shoppers :shopping_cart::warning:

Will return with votes after that…

2 Likes

I’m going to go through and make a worksheet to count votes and to see who is left to vote.

I’m going to always remain impartial so I can help people along the process.

Not that I’m the man, but I’d rather help with any issues or questions and just focus on the uploads and organizing the playlist.

Okay, I think I wrote this down right.

Here are the folks that we still need a vote from… no rush!

(I bet the players want you to rush though)

@monquixote
@proskynesis
@MichalHo
@arinev
@dhunterrr
@Sherelle
@Maisin
@LoomieDarko
@KingDuppy
@1-2

2 Likes

And please excuse any mistakes I make during this… Its my first time.
(…yamate kudasai… uhhhhh)

Will vote later today, don’t want to rush through the list on cheap speakers.

1 Like

I’ve listened through a couple of times and this makes a great playlist, well done to everyone and thanks @BLKrbbt for organising!

Will have another listen today and make the tough decision on a top 3 tonight…

1 Like

I really feel like its a privilege, and a pleasure.

1 Like

I enjoyed them all! Well done.

Hard to decide, but:

#1 13
#2 18
#3 23

2 Likes

That was quick!

Thank you!

1 Like

1st 7
2nd 12
3rd 20

3 Likes

Zoinks, some really tough choices here! Difficult limiting myself to 3 tracks, but here goes:

1st Place: 18.
2nd Place: 12.
3rd Place: 17.

Honorable mention to that final tune for packing in the most found sounds per second. Like I said, tough picking just 3.

3 Likes

Difficult to pick a top 3, let alone try and rank them :cold_sweat:

1st - 2a, sounds like it could have been on an Atmospheric D’n’B compilation from back in the day
2nd - 6, digging the star trek samples
3rd - 7, liked the eerie vibe

HM to 21 for what sounded like live drums and also to 1 for the steamboat usage.

5 Likes

Cool, i try to listen tonight and vote soon!

1 Like

Top stuff everyone!

1st: #12
2nd: #8
3rd: #2a

Would really love people to share their production tips and gear used once the votes are in. I could learn so much!

3 Likes

12 has the best break rollage
9 has the best bass and synths

The drums on both are mixed too quiet

Enjoyed some of the cartoon samples from the other tracks, nice contributions everyone!

1 Like