Dreadbox Typhon

On the Medusa I mean

Not Sure If the Medusa has compute Power for the FX.

Maybe not, thatā€™s why Iā€™ve ordered a Typhon :wink:

The Medusa is still 699 as limited Edition at Thomann available. The normal Edition for 599 sold out.
Hard to compare it with Typhon. Its 6 Osc with direct Control, Wavetable Option, 5 LFOs, 5 Envelopes, 32 Step Sequencer with plock of any Parameter per step and No fx vs 2 Makro Controlled oscillators, 3 mod Busses (with either LFO, or sequenced, or Envelope Controlled Mod) with a multistaged multieffect engine.

However with more and more Portable music Tools appearing on the market, i Wish some company would reinvent portastudios from the old days and Bring Out a simple to use, USB powered, Midi syncable, virtual 6-8 Track Tape machine with Pitch Control with the size of a Pocket book.

3 Likes

Guys i meant a whole new medusa version, mk2 if you will.

I think the biggest critique of it was lack of fx, so 1+1=ā€¦? :wink:

1 Like

I was going to suggest just get a Korg NTS-1, install the Sinevibes FX on it then run your Medusa through that.

Then I realized his FX bundle costs more than the NTS-1 itself. :grin:

Still might be an option for those who already have an NTS-1

If you wait for new Medusa version, you wasted how much time not making musicā€¦
https://www.sinevibes.com/korg/

3 Likes

Can the NTS-1 run more than one algo at a time?

I havenā€™t been keeping up with the thread for it. Maybe the info was posted there

1 Like

Awesome! Wasn t aware these things were even possible.

1 Like

Iā€™m all over this! Was looking hard at the nts 1. I always find korgs budget stuff too fiddly though. This is quality dread and looks a treat to use :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yeah, build quality on the NTS was holding me back also

Yeah I could see an eight track OP1 style recorder with robust IO and knobby UI

1 Like

I ordered a Zoom R8 now. A compromise until then. In Combo with the typhon, a portable Mini-Studio for my next vacation, which is soon. Is there a Typhon Manual online yet?

Nice article here in synthanatomy about the Typhon, mentioning the full Midi CC Implementation: https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/06/dreadbox-typhon-analog-mono-synth-with-sinevibes-effects-patch-memory.html

2 Likes

Just pre-ordered.

2 Likes

Strange Dreadbox put it up for order and donā€™t submit detailed info about what the Typhon can do or make a manual available. Is this some kind of experiment on wat people will buy before knowing the full details or are this advanced teasing tactics :slight_smile:

The facts are all there. What info do you miss?

I like to know how the sequencer works and what it can do locking things, modulation routings and option, does it show the values of the analog parameters on display some how, things like that.

2 Likes

Thomann say itā€™s due on the 3rd so not long to wait.

Such a cute little box!

If I ever step into the hardware synths world this would be a strong contender for first purchase

1 Like

Me too. Iā€™m a sucker for Dreadbox synths.

1 Like