Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

free custom drum oscillator plug - don’t have the unit to test, but thought I would share:
http://ruismaker.com/korg/

4 Likes

Nick Batt has a look:

Seems like MIDI connections need careful attention, both regarding TRS>DIN adaptors and USB class-compliant MIDI.

3 Likes

Lol that just brainwashed me and I ordered one, I have literallly nothing to do with this thing :flushed:

Edit: Cancelling the order cause I just have more than enough…

2 Likes

Just got this in the other day and loving it so far. Here it is on its own, with the stock firmware, being sequenced by a Digitone. Enjoy.

8 Likes

Has anyone found a SysEx specification for the NTS-1 yet?

@OscillatorSink ?

Hi!

I need to finish writing this up, I have a fairly good grasp of the reply message, but it’s not on the repo yet. So far I’ve just been looking at getting information about the User oscs and fx. I’m hoping I’ll be able to work out the additional parameters too…

5 Likes

I just got one of these for my birthday! Building was straightforward, except I got a bazillion of the tiny screws and none of the larger ones that hold the case together – did anyone else have this issue? Fortunately, I had enough screws in my box of random hardware to put it together. I suppose I’ll contact Korg USA to find out what they can do for me. Other than that, I’m looking forward to integrating this little guy into some jams. The on-board FX sound great, and I had fun playing with the ARP so far. If I were still going into the office, this is the perfect unit to have on my desk for a quick synth break during the day.

4 Likes

Someone may have already asked this, and from the manual I can’t quite tell, but is it possible to run the external input through the effects while the internal synth itself stays dry?

1 Like

No i don’t think so. The schematic looks like straight routing through the effects section:

Just the ext in can be routed via global menu:

But would be cool if anyone has a solution for this :wink:

5 Likes

Sinevibes came out with a new engine called Groove. It’s drum voices and a bass voice that basically turns the NTS-1(Prologue, Minilogue Xd) into a groove box! Really fun stuff.

https://www.sinevibes.com/korggroove/

And here’s a demo I made using the Digitakt to sequence it.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few developers selling fx / engines etc but I’m reluctant to buy them

Perhaps if they were priced like iOS apps I’d grab em but they seem quite expensive.

I don’t think I’d recoup much if I sold the synth .

That’s how I use it.
Filter Lp4, cutoff all the way down, no resonance
Envelope set to Open.
I might now buy a distortion to put in the Mod slot so I can have a small print effect unit.

1 Like

wondering if this could be powerful enough as to capture a 2-bar sample (probably not) as to program some sort of transition looper, for example:

• one knob to activate sampling
  • another one to crossfade from input to loop
  • third knob as dual filter LP/HP (DJ mixer style)

Something along those lines
With MIDI control it would of course be more usable (map a button 0-127 to enable sampling, 2 knobs for the other controls)

just got mine yesterday… was fun and super simple to assemble, sounds pretty great.
it’s the perfect companion for the Microfreak, which lacks some FX
Haven’t tried it along Digitakt, although I feel like it could be a really nice and fast way to sample mono synth sounds - you could sample C in different octaves and create synth sample chains quite fast I guess

2 Likes

New Arduino custom panel and customization ideas

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool! If I had more spare time so I could futz around with music as well as electronics I might even dig out my old Arduino…

Are these all onboard sounds? no external processing?

Correct!

2 Likes

whoa, that’s badass.

You still liking yours?