Dreadbox Typhon

To be honest, class-compliant USB audio’s probably not essential.

1 Like

That Promo…:heart:

1 Like

Pretty dang cool sounding it seems like with the wave sweep adding in cross mod at times in conjunction with the tune knob sort of an analog wavetable-ish effect out of it. Pretty unique seeming all around. Usb powered as a selling point is pretty flimsy imo but whatever its not a bad thing.

I’m kinda bummed to see dreadbox sticking to this outrun synthwave atheistic, just not really my cup of tea.

3 Likes

Diggin the sounds!

I love the size, the look and the sounds. The sound control makes me think of Cycles. Simplified to lock onto sweet spots. Only thing I’m not 100% on is that the sliders are for controlling both envelopes, sequencer and FX. They may wish they’d used continuous encoders.

After a couple of months of GAS-less serenity I’ve started getting it again. (Finished paying for my M:S). This appeared!

He’s also sold more records than all of us put together (many times over!).

Big fan of Nick, such a nice bloke. Even my wife will happily listen to his synth reviews when I’m watching them.

2 Likes

Imagine if they added the Sinvibes FX via a OS update, if that was even possible. :man_shrugging:

exactly that.

1 Like

I’ve sold a few bits recently so I might just trip over the buy-it-now button for this, it sounds lovely.

3 Likes

This is nice.
I don’t need it.

Will probably buy it.

7 Likes

Why is this happening?

Can you please stop releasing awesome synths?

I can’t take it any more. No more spaghetti and ketchup, please.

2 Likes

thinks every elektronaut brain simultaneously

8 Likes

they want to rip me off.
because there’s never enough little mono synths.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s better than the hypnosis

What was wrong with that? I never had a need for one, so have no experience with them.

I just wasn’t that impressed with the sound,
It also arrived with the spring unit which moved when in transit

I had to open it up and put the spring back into place, the spring reverb unit is only held in place with a couple of foam stickers, which I personally think was not very well thought out

Hah, indeed. For now, I’m on the “I’m good with my current setup” side. However the desire is certainly building. It sounds great (lots of FX at times, but hey – they’re showing off the capabilities), the modulation options and sequencer make this a surprisingly full-featured machine in a small box. One thing that makes me hesitate is how the workflow is. If the interface requires much learning or if it takes a lot of menu twiddling to setup and tweak sounds, the GAS will abate. I have enough (too much?) gear already to keep me busy for a long time. I must resist watching any review on YouTube for at least 3 months. Hahah

Now imagine a Medusa update with this fx engine integrated…

2 Likes

@dtr
The only issue I see is the mono output.

I think thats the input.