Dreadbox Medusa

Some microtuninng capability (11:43). For now, it’s tuning each voice manually with the fine tune knob, but Scala file support is under consideration.

2 Likes

Polyend site says: “Implemented MIDI protocol with bi-directional USB and DIN input, output and throug”
I was wondering about the MIDI, as it’d be great to sequence, say, an Abyss with it.

No pics of the back though to show all the I/O - perhaps they’re still working out what will go there.

1 Like

Looks amazing :upside_down_face:

Need more audio demos!

I’m more of a digital guy - that polyend grid tied with a cool/quirky digital synth would be amazing. Sure I heard at the start that they will be releasing the grid separately.

Lovely looking piece of hardware though. The grid playing functionality is something I expect Ableton to add in a Push revision down the road.

definitely looks cool!

I was thinking of giving my Moog Mother Mutable Stages/Plaits twins but now I’m going to hold off…

This concept is awesome !!! So close to perfection. It just does not seem possible to map velocity/pitchbend/modulation wheel/AT to any destination to make it more expressive when using a keyboard. Or maybe it is possible to map those to the X,Y,Z axis ? That would be cool !

I was thinking going to the semi-modular road with a minibrute 2s. Now i have some doubts …

Actually, I was hoping Elektron would be first. All they’d really need to do is something like take the Analog Four, and replace its oscillator section with the Digitone’s. I’d definitely buy that.

1 Like

and replace its filters with the dreabox’s :grin:

1 Like

savage :joy:

1 Like

but true :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This synth seems to have stole the show so far…

I will be buying it without doubt.

loving the design, the feature set, the whole shebang. Only thing I’m not feeling so far is the sound…seems very ‘modern’ & not particularly Dreadbox-y ?

Only based on that one demo to be fair - it’s early days, far too soon to call.

1 Like

Yeah I agree.

1 Like

I get a real kick out of comparing the image from a year ago with the image of what it has become side-by-side.

2 Likes

Looks great except the envelopes section. Using a single set of sliders for multiple envelopes seems weird to me, especially when you want to modify them on the fly.

1 Like

At least, there are 5 envelopes though. Imagine how much space (and extra cost) would be needed to include 25 sliders (5 x 5) for the envelopes instead of 5.

1 Like

Im definitely getting this. ASAP.

My guess is there’s a button you press to cycle through the 5 envelopes, so the slider affects the selected envelope. I guess this would suck for peeps who like to move 2 or more sliders at the same time for 2 or more different envelopes, but seems like a reasonable compromise for everyone else who would want this thing.

1 Like