Dreadbox Medusa

I think it’s safe to say @Prints is in love again :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Cant blame him. This thing is very unique.

3 Likes

I would love one of these cool patcheable Dreadbox units along with an MFB Tanzbar to pair up with Elektrons and 0-coast for a full bore symphony. I like the Erebus model.

If I am going to nitpick would have been nice to see a band pass filter.
Nice that they have both 2 and 4 pole lowpass though, and highpass

1 Like

I actually have to give this more consideration because I was planning to get a Prophet 6 module or Peak already. As cool as this is, it might ultimately be a better idea for me to get one of these synths instead.

1 Like

I dunno, I think you may want to hear the polyend Medusa first.
All that modulation.

2 Likes

I have a Peak, it is great but not perfect.
Pros are it has wavetables, analog multimode filters, fm of both osc’s and filter, incredible reverb, awesome arpeggiator, mod matrix, build quality.
Cons are the wavetables aren’t very advanced and not many of them, needs more modulation than a couple of lfos and envelopes

I agree the modulation on this thing is much better than the Peak, with the sequencer, 5 lfo’s and 5 envelopes, it also has analog oscillators on top of wavetables that Peak doesn’t

1 Like

I’m going to wait for some Medusa demos first for sure. I was kind of leaning towards the Prophet 6 module (sequenced/modulated with my Digitone), but might put that on the back-burner if this thing sounds as good as I’m hoping.

Definitely what I would do.
This has the best of both analog and digital
The P6 is good but this has analog covered as well, and it is much cheaper

I was going to grab a P12 module, but will wait to hear more on this now

1 Like

Consider the p-lock capable sequencer a modulation source as well.

I wonder if it will be capable of other Elektron-ish sequencing tricks like probability and micro timing.

Don’t know about that but it does have what I have been asking for in an Elektron sequencer since the beginning of time:
Pattern / sequence randomisation

1 Like

I never pre-order anything but I want to pre-order this without having even heard it yet.

1 Like

Must be VCOs rather than DCOs here as they are talking of FM between oscillators :thinking:
You would presume so going off their previous analog products

Yeah, VCO most likely. I remember an old video where the guy from Dreadbox says he’s been using the same core oscillator design for all his synths. The digital wavetables are totally new though. I hope they’re algorithmically generated, and I’d personally love it if they had a lo-fi quality.

The FM dial shows osc1 and 2, and filter.
Hoping the wavetable oscillators can be used as source and destinations for FM also

Yeah, same.

2 Likes

Video

16 Likes

The hybrid/digital nature of this thing is very interesting. Could see Elektron exploring similar territory in future products.

Thing looks like a modulation machine. Quite impressive IMO.

1 Like

X, Y, Z control via the grid is very cool!

2 Likes