Dreadbox Medusa

Ah never mind I just read this in the small text file in the download zip

• macOS Catalina won’t allow you to flash your unit, use an older macOS version.

:cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Wow, the new minimal edition looks sexy! I want it!

The price isn’t bad but I’m still saving funds for Pulsar-23… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that sucks. Did you contact Polyend about it for a solution?

Yeah I emailed support yesterday no reply yet but will wait and see what they say. I don’t wanna roll back my OS just to update a synth I’ve got my Mac all set up the way I need it.

1 Like

I hope they will find a solution for you. I am on High Sierra, but i haven´t tried the update yet.

Question about the knobs, I haven’t yet put the new coloured ones on my Medusa yet that came with the synth… what’s the best way to change them, is it just a case of pulling off ? Mine seem pretty tight lol don’t wanna do any damage.

Cheers

Not change them. I don t like the colored ones :wink:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There’s a Medusa on sale at the right price in the Lounge and I’m struggling not to pull the trigger…

1 Like

Shoot first ask questions later.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they posted recently on the Facebook group that they are working on a new standalone updater for people in your situation.

I changed mine, it was tough…

I had to be really careful in the lower corner by the master volume etc as they just wouldn’t budge and the circuit board would pull up when I tried to take the knobs off.

Think I’l leave mine black then mine feel tough too… love the Medusa only beware if your on OS Catalina you can’t update to v3.0

V3? are you talking about firmware? I just did using Catalina

Yes the firmware, won’t work for me, followed instructions wouldn’t work

I had to allow two sets of permissions or maybe in 3, does it say it can’t be opened? If so settings-> security and privacy-> allow in bottom half

Then had to install JDK

Then had to allow java access in my accessibility part in settings

Yeah did all that here pressed reset on back of Medusa hit ok it said flashing but 30 minutes later still nothing, will try again shortly

1 Like

Oh, very strange. You plugged usb direct with no other usb connected?

USB direct to mac… no idea what’s happening here it’s a pain lol. Just keeps saying flashing but no progress bar

Stupid question but just check the firmware on the unit, I didn’t have a progress bar or if I did I missed it. The only time I saw a progress bar (orange) was sending presets