Dreadbox Medusa

v2.02 on the unit mate just keep seeing this

Change to a short usb cable, I read it’s a comms problem if it takes more then a second? Failing that I’m running out of ideas

It seems to send presets ok but it just won’t update the firmware, changed to short usb cable and presets send ok… i’ll keep trying

Maybe try a different pokey think for the reset button :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I give up mate taking too much music making time up… I can send and get presets just fine it just won’t update the firmware.
Emailed the developer no reply yet

Mine was ok though I’m in ye olde iMac 10.11.6

Mine is available in for sale in the lounge.

Not any more :wink:

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

I think I was able to grab (one of) the last “old-design” Medusa from Thomann at the low price of €503.74 (+ import tax). When I placed the order a few days ago, it said “expected delivery in 1-2 weeks”. Now I just got a shipping notification, and that version has been marked out of stock.

I actually prefer the old design to the minimal “black edition”, and it doesn’t hurt that it was a fair bit cheaper. Exciting!

1 Like

Medusa Limited black Edition currently 699 at Thomann!

2 Likes

Still 699 at Thomann.

1 Like

I’ve not yet had time to really dig deeply into the Medusa, but this video makes it all but impossible to resist.

1 Like

The Grid would be worth the asking price without the attached synth - and vice-versa.

agreed, the grid is such an underrated MPE…

Based on your initial impressions how does it compare soundwise to the other synths that you own?

1 Like

Even cheaper at Juno…

It sounds excellent - especially as a big, thick 6-osc monosynth. I have always been a sucker for a digital wavetable plumbed through an analogue filter, and this doesn’t disappoint in that area. The filter is very good indeed. More importantly, the modulation options are pretty deep.

The only things I could wish for would be stereo outputs, built-in effects, and user definable wavetables. But all of these things are more than made up for by the sequencer and expressive control.

It isn’t as immediate as it appears - there is a lot under the surface. I need to take some time to explore it - maybe make a track using only the Medusa.

2 Likes

It sure lacks onboard FX…it begs to have a pedal or any playful FX attached to the output at all times…

I find that most of the times onboard FX sucks on synths so it doesnt really matter…you attach a Zoia to it or a Cooper FX Arcades and voilà

3 Likes

I can’t help but think how much fun it would be if the grid and/or sequencer was used to control onboard effects, Elektron-style.

4 Likes

Combine it with an Analog Four… et voila!

2 Likes