Dreadbox Medusa

Hi do you think this would be better fed through the A4’s FX or would you recommend a nice reverb/delay pedal? I am Christmas shopping lol

Its always good to have that extra reverb/delay pedal, but the A4 is great as well, I am sure you can achieve great results just with the A4.

When I got mine I immediately used it with some pedals, never used it dry so far, it wants good reverb/delay :wink:

Soundwise it filled a gap, as I have mostly more analog sounding synths.

Oh, I don’t know if you watched the video I posted above, it made me buy one and I can recommend to watch it a few times before your Medusa arrives.

2 Likes

Yeah I watched that video he does fantastic presentations of synths. I think this was a great bargain I can see them online for nearly double the price I just paid freeing me up for a nice little FX pedal.

Just bought Collider of source audio for less complex task, I really like it, using it in serial mode. I wanted a simple solution to combine delay and reverb in one hardware and it does that excellent.

2 Likes

Yes I was looking at that last night. I really like the Source Audio gear.

1 Like

Nice thing is that you can combine 2 delays, or two reverbs as you wish, or the default reverb and delay.
This is a solid synth demo:

1 Like

Bonkers. At that price I’m almost tempted to buy a second unit.

I run mine into the OT for some post-processing. I honestly dont find it needs that much to shine. It has quite an upfront sound. Great for chordstabs and leads. Solid for bass too, infact the low end is not impacted at all by turning up the resonance.

2 Likes

That’s what I want it for mostly chords/stabs. I thought it was a fab deal. I had it in my basket at Thomann at £600 then the guy on here showed me a link. Oh and it’s coming on a Sunday tomorrow with a pack of nice coloured knobs hehe.
Still shopping for a nice reverb/delay…So far the Source Audio Collider is ahead… checking out more tonight.

2 Likes

I know you are well versed in your synth selection so am very eager to hear your verdict on this, firmware is at 2.0.2beta so be sure to upgrade immediately as I’m guessing it’s still on v1

1 Like

Great price. I paid more for mine 2nd hand. That’s a top deal for a innovative synth stuffed with modulation options and a complex sequencer.

1 Like

Medusa arrived tonight. Had a little play, I’ll definitely be using this for house/techno stabs. Need to learn this a little bit but I absolutely got a bargain at £499.00 even got some coloured knobs in the box, I like the original black ones tho. Now I’m just wondering whether or not to feed this in to the A4 to use FX or by the originally intended TC D-Two and M-One XL

11 Likes

anyone using these with OT? how well do they play together? also does it have full midi CC implemented?

I haven’t hooked mine up but presumably the cc chart is in the manual and downloadable.

After all this talk of them being cheap from Juno, I picked up another one (I’d sold the first one I had for less than I just bought this one new) and thought I’d give it another shot, now that they have new firmware. My second impressions are much the same as the first: the oscillators and filter sound awesome, but the workflow isn’t ideal or intuitive for me, and there seem to be critical elements missing from the sequencing. Still, an awesome mono/paraphonic unit even without the sequencer, and with some nice digital colour if I need it.

Do you get equal output from all three analog oscillators? Another forum mentions osc3 is lower for some reason.

What is missing from the sequencer? Might grab one next weekish

Good midi CC implementation but it doesn’t respond to Program Change messages which is a bit of a letdown.

Love mine ordered just before Christmas from Juno uk it was brand new at £499 I even bought a set of coloured knobs only to find there was a pack free in the box lol
Haven’t played with Medusa much yet but I like the sound

I really wish they didn’t put the pads on the left… I suppose it is a win for the lefties though, us right handers have grown soft having everything designed for us. Still it was enough to scare me off until these prices started to show up… I’ll wait to see whats coming next year from DSI and Elektron but this could easily be the next thing I decide to give a shot.

Turn it upside down then :joy::joy::joy::joy: