Dreadbox Medusa

It’s just a firmware thing, I have V1, not keen on the bright knobs but I installed v2 last night, all I can say is il finally start using it productively rather then just as a paper weight in a paperless world lol

1 Like

I’m considering whether or not to buy an Medusa Polyend.
I give priority to the ‘queue mode’ and synchronism when the sequencer is running then you change the program
Is it like in the Elektron box (no direct or jump)?
The manual omit about it
I hope I was clear in the explanation
Thank you in advance

I’m really digging this tbh… anyone recommend? The price is silly

£592 synth

1 Like

I think it’s a beauty. I’m stuffed with mono synths so not getting it anytime soon. But if you have space for it and good fx to run it through…

1 Like

I was thinking of either running it through the A4 MKII OR getting this…

FX

I recently got one and I’m happy with it. My original unit had a hardware defect with the analog parts. Polyend was super quick to replace it.

The grid is a lot of fun. I really love playing back parameter locked sounds. Hope that’s something Elektron takes note of. For sequencing it can feel a bit clunky at times.

The synth makes for a wicked mono or a pretty solid poly (with the only paraphonic part being the filter).

They’re working on a new software update that’ll add more midi functionality such as being able to send the lfo and envelopes out to control external gear.

1 Like

So the price looks perfect at £592 gbp… they cost a lot more elsewhere I may have to just invest at this price

Rising pound today has made ordering around Europe a lot cheaper

1 Like

I have it in my basket but I’m still browsing… this thing has no FX but 3 oscs is what I need for stabs… pisses me off if anything synth has less than 3 oscs tbh

if you’re looking at that sort of price may be worth comparing it to the specular temps as well. but going back OT, the Medussa (bought when it first came out) is the only synth im still unsure of to this day, its now just a synth I dust off when new firmware comes out play around with it and put it back

1 Like

3 analog oscs
3 digital oscs
Unique concept that makes lots of fun
Got mine last month and I am very sure it won’t get dusty for a long time
The sequencer with parameter locks of almost everything is amazing, inspiring, love it
Mine has a BAM and a Timeline to go through all the time
Randomizing is cool
Drone mode is nice
I could continue… :wink:

2 Likes

:laughing: - I like your statement - I meself have a lot of these kinds of synths… actually a pity, innit?

1 Like

Just spotted a better deal on Juno:

£499!

2 Likes

wow that was £899 yesterday lol

Thanks bought it :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Nice one. I was really tempted. I’m a big fan of Dreadbox. Enjoy!

At that price you need it lol… I plan on feeding it through the A4 for FX. Thanks for that link I nearly paid £600 at Thomann.

Rob

1 Like

It’s an excellent machine and that’s an amazing price

1 Like

It’s just the type of instrument I’m after. Trying to scale down on keyboards and use my dinky little keystep for playing this lot

1 Like

Amazing price, I paid 700 Euro for mine in Germany.

Full potential is definitely with its own sequencer though, I rarely use my Keystep or external sequencer with it.

1 Like