Dual Analog Fours

You mean these?

…since the a4 is my most favourite elektron device and analog synth at all, two are good of course…but as mentioned here already, then use both for dedicated jobs to do…so one for percussive sound and one bass line is a pretty neat idea…are we talking mk1 or 2 here…
keep in mind the mk2 has a bit better low end…

I have the MKII I also have the Rytm MKII and MC707 so I’m sorted for drums

no offense :upside_down_face:
in my opinion setups of this size and with such powerful machines are overkill in general.
My setup is overkill too for sure

3 Likes

Why not A4 and Digitone? You get a similar concept but with a broader sound palette.
Plus it’s smaller and cheaper!

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve owned Digitone and Digitakt a while back. I must admit I liked it.
I do also like the Moog 32 but I’ve never used CV stuff so wouldn’t have a clue how to set them up and use A4 or AR FX

I have around £1350 spare now so maybe I can complete a nice little setup with modules.

Choices are…

Another A4
x2 Mother 32"d
Nord Lead 4r

All above come in around the same price give or take a few quid…

PS

3 OSC synths preferable tho for stabs etc

…oh…oh…better think twice before u open pandorras box of going modular…

if u want that sound esthetics and those super fast envelopes involved u only find on the modular planet for real…
there’s a good alternative to consider…the no coast!!!

best of both worlds, ready to go…

…check it out here…

1 Like

It’s not complicated at all and you find several videos and threads on that topic

1 Like

…hey sezare…

…ur almost as deep into the ot as cenk these days…
it’s defenitly time for u to get a second one…

i have two, not knowing half as much as u do…go for it…

I had the first octatrack it was great deep but frustrating but I’d like another someday although I have an MPCX since September 2019

not sure about that :wink:

…i said…almost…

pretty no one can catch up with dataline when it comes to the ot…

No, I rather consider it the other way around… :wink:
But it doesn’t matter anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

…not sure about that…

but what i know for sure…i can’t compete with either of them…

and at sezare again…
if u can’t afford a second one right away, i might could ask him for a little special deal…
if ur intrested, let me know…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dreadbox Medusa

So… Iv’e had all night to think about this… I will get a second A4 MKII :grinning:

Questions?

How would you connect x2 A4’s and have the Analog RYTM be master clock?
Will Overbridge recognise I have x2 A4’s connected. These are my only concerns otherwise I feel i’m sorted for some serious jamming with these 3 boxes. I’ll add Digitone shortly to the setup.

2 Likes

Good question. Maybe @DaveMech would know about running two of the same unit on OB? He has two of the same Digis. Can’t remember which.

2 Likes

Yes you can use multiples of the same box with OB :slight_smile: you simply select which vst instance uses which of the 2 :slight_smile: it actually does a good job of doing it automatically when you add another a4 vst into your project. It will automatically use it for the second a4.

As for master clock purposes, your daw will be the master clock when using OB.

4 Likes

Thanks Dave :+1:

1 Like

Hey Rob, how is it going? Did you get the second A4? I’m quite curious about your experience so far.

1 Like