Dreadbox Medusa

It’ll probably sound a lot better through an Erica Fusion Box, Meris Mercury 7, any of the Chase Bliss pedals; or some combo thereof.

I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of the Polyend-Dreadbox alliance.

Oh man anyone read Polyend’s responses to comments in the sonic lab Medusa Youtube video.
Hilarious. Bizarre. Not helping their cause one bit

They said it was directed at one guy but still not a good look for Polyend. Not sure why they’d use their official account to trash talk either but I guess that’s how they roll.

Took a look. Couldn’t find Polyend’s comments, gave up after like 30 seconds.

There was a guy who was repeatedly criticizing Marc Doty’s Medusa videos. Doty made the mistake of engaging him. Some peeps just aint right in the head.

Totally unprofessional for Polyend to react in the manner they did.
Business PR skills 101

Speaking of unprofessional, I recently Paul (Synthesis Technology) posting on a Moog One thread elsewhere - I can see now why some think he’s not a nice guy to say the least. But he was quickly outdone by the Metasonix guy and his NSFW imagery.

Some MW peeps make fun of this forum as just a bunch of Elektron fanboys. But man, MW has declined fast…

I think the guy who went after Doty must have dated someone at Polyend - can’t think of any other explanation for his obsessive behavior.

I kept talking about this synth because I was interested in it but that’s it.

Just read some of their YouTube comments. Disappointing

Hah yeah Paul is a piece of work alright.
I had to deal with him personally when I preordered his E352 wavetable module direct from his site a while back.
Some of these people need to realise customer relations is a completely different skill set to working in a lab making nerdy toys.

1 Like

Even if this was the best synth ever made, I’d never buy it only because of the salty comments from Polyend.

Love the Dreadbox guys though.

1 Like

So after reading the “polyend” dilemma in the comments section I have this to say.

One of the commentators said something about Polyend deleting one of their comments and calling them a crybaby.
The commentor was basically “tattletailing” like a little kid. Saying, hey guys look what Polyend said (at a different social media platform). Lol, who gives a F. Lol really. Wow a Polyend guy called you out. Deal with it like a man. We’re all grown men here I assume, so get over it. Some people are way too soft-skin nowadays. I actually respect Polyend more for calling them out. If they said that to me I’d think about it and be like, maybe I need to chill and better word my constructive criticism maybe to not sound like I’m trashing them. And then probably laugh it off and say oh well and move on. And still support them.
Have to remember they put their hard work, blood, sweat & tears into this. What’s so difficult about giving a small motivation comment while stating what could use improvement in a positive manner. I’m sure the last thing they want to hear when they finally release it is people bashing them.
People are getting carried away, taking it out of proportion, talking about, omgosh how could you say that, I’m never buying a Polyend product again. LOL.
It was nothing really. Who cares maybe he was hungry and agitated and needed a snicker or just having a bad day. Regardless people are way to tender. All that drama just for calling a complainer a crybaby lol. smh.

2 Likes

Well, it’s just unprofessional behavior from Polyend. You’ll always have haters and “upset” people. The Overbridge section is a prime example but Elektron employees stay classy.

I went and looked again in the comment section. This time I did find the “act like a man” comment by polyend. I agree that mixing it up in social media never goes well for the business.

Then again, I don’t see Polyend posting Photoshopped pics of a Moog synth with a penis either, like Metasonix did, heh.

1 Like

metasonix does it well. he seems a naturally moany b*stard rather than reactionary. it suits their vibe. I love reading his posts :smile:

So I was in Athens around about launch date. Let’s just say that someone told me not to buy something and to wait. True story.

2 Likes

1 Like

Athens? How ironic :joy:

Was that someone in this video? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.

As Jukka stated, Yannis starts talking about the future of Dreadbox around 23:00. It is interesting that he says he wants to do a hybrid synth, but then he quickly points out that by “hybrid” he means all-analog signal path and digital control, not a “pure hybrid” ( as in mix of analog and digital synth engines). I guess that just means he wants do do analog synths with presets and the MIDI stuff that today’s users have come to expect.

I almost overlooked that in the “future of Dreadbox” section they said they love DIY and want to continue releasing DIY kits.

One of my attractions to the Abyss is the relatively simple UI - just some knobs and sliders and no presets. Medusa is a step away from that simplicity, and MODX further still.

Yeah I won’t name names but I’ll add that it was a positive conversation re the future and I came away with even more respect for boutique manufacturers than I already had.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for Abyss v2, since there’s only a handful of Abyss units left on sale at US online shops, with no indication at the big shops like Guitar Center/MF of whether they’ll ever restock it. I still don’t know much about the history of Dreadbox - if they tend to release synths in limited batches, and once a batch is out, it’s out, or if they make multiple batches. If it’s the former, maybe they’re updating the design like they did the Erebus.

Housecliche might be waiting for something completely different, and that’s ok.