Dreadbox Medusa

They did multiple versions of Erebus (currently v3) I bought v1 and am very happy with it. :+1:t3:

And I might buy a medusa at some point - just not yet :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping for an Abyss v2. Although I now check reverb.com, ebay, etc. regularly for v1 Abyss units.

15 Likes

I was watching the Medusa for a while before it was release and all of the changes it went through before Polyend got involved were looking excellent.

Since itā€™s release I obviously was glued to watching and reading all of the reviews I could find on it. On paper it was awesome. The cumulation of the dreadbox analog with the Polyend digital hit my sweet spot. I canā€™t really find any reviews that say a whole lot of positive about it.

For sake of spending donā€™t but out of interest Iā€™d love to hear otherwise.

watch the video I shared above

3 Likes

Yup, just what I was afraid of. I dig it. Typical of most generalized gear review, the reviewer doesnā€™t know much about it. Freaking gas for this starts again.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed that. Actually the first video of this thing that I finally found myself digging the sound quite a bit.

2 Likes

Damn. Now I want one.

1 Like

haha - yeah, sames.

1 Like

Can the Medusa sequencer sequence external synths?
Midi notes is all I care.
Thanks

anyone?

manuals are online.

http://polyend.com/manuals/

I did read that before postingā€¦

1 Like

Love this guy , just subbed to his channel.

Love how he reads out loud the misspelled words. Cracked me up.

Plus his video shows to me that the filter is indeed 100% Dreadbox. Nothing nasal about it.

4 Likes

My favorite channel hands down. Funny, entertaining, highly educational, and most important - very musical.
Maybe his jokes on other people are sometimes a bit over the top. But still funny I have to admit.

I think I started watching him since one of his first videos about the Mother32 and now Iā€™m always looking forward to a new video.

Some of his tracks are pretty awesome by the way

7 Likes

Great track

even more on Benn and Gear

yes, I think most of his videos were pretty time consuming. He announced to stop the production of these kind of videos unfortunately. I hope more people discover this channel, so he will continue.

2 Likes

i almost drunkinly bought one of these. sometimes i wish i had succeeded.

4 Likes

Thanks! I hoped someone who owns it can confirmā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s on my radar, but who knowsā€¦saving for an A42 at the moment, then weā€™ll see :blush:

1 Like