Dreadbox Erebus

Standard 19" rack format is what I want. Ideally, the form factor is such that it satisfies both desktop and 19" rack.

At the same time, maybe it would be good if some companies got together and standardized on 1/2 rack and 1/3rd rack format. The previous Erebus looked as if could have been designed to fit 1/2 rack width and say 3RU height for example.

1 Like
2 Likes

I´d buy an Erebus v3 if the midi implementation was offering more than note triggering and pitch. Imagine how nice it would be to sequence it with the digitakt! But I guess that the concept is more “analog” with the cv patch points. Too bad I am not looking for an expansion for my modular system but a little synth to hook up with the Digitakt.

2 Likes
1 Like

Pretty much why I sold my Manther. Lack of a decent MIDI implementation. However this thing sounds really good and that patch bay looks mighty nice as well. Kind of a decent trade off.

2 Likes

does anyone know if the erebus can midi to cv? For properly connect it to a modular? also if it can transport midi clock to it´s clock output?

Cool! I just saw too that a firmware update was just released too.

1 Like

Oh hell, why did I watch that Sonic state video? The V3 seems like a lot of synth for the price, and sounds wonderful.

4 Likes

The desktop analogue semi-modular market at roughly £400 - £500 is getting quite competitive these days but watching that Sonicstate video and the Erebus makes a really strong case for itself. It sounds absolutely gorgeous… not that I’m in the market for something like this. But if I was…

2 Likes

I agree - the v3 looks insane for the price. Damn.

1 Like

extremely cool synth.

1 Like

better late than never.
I was too fast

2 Likes

Between SonicState’s vid and the Andertons’ my GAS is being ignited. All I have to do now is get a job. :wink:

Could be a lot of fun combined with a prebuilt MIDIGal running the dispatcher software, which can be used to combine multiple monosynths and polysynths into one “polysynth”. Heard about it from a guy who uses two Abyss units as his 8-voice polysynth. This duophonic bad boy plus Volca FM and Volca Keys could be fun.

1 Like

Just received a v3 and so far it’s quite the amazing synth. Really flexible with all the patch points.

The drones you can get out of this thing are massive. Stacking all three oscillators with pulse width mod on 1 and 3 with that supersaw wave. Oooph. You can run the clock into audio rate too and get a 4th square oscillator although not trackable. One of the envelopes is loopable and you can use it as another lfo.

I’m just pretty amazed at how well this thing is designed and how much they jammed into it. Need to really put it through the paces but thumbs up so far.

2 Likes

I believe it does output cv and gate from midi input. Haven’t tested this extensively. It doesn’t translate midi clock to the clock rate or lfo unfortunately but it does except mod input. Need to experiment more with that.

Dreadbox erebus v2: acid bass line
Dreadbox erebus v3: Lead acid line
kick: tr-8
Kick subbass: Volca kick
drums: tr8 and tr 09
reverb: eventide space
OB-6: background chord
Tanzbar 2: voice sample

tascam model 24 mixer and recording

1 Like

hardware used

Dreadbox erebus v3: stab

OB-6: background keys
Prophet 6 : background chord

3 Likes

Prophet 6 : background rhythm chord

1 Like

Video focusing on the Triple Ring

I ended up getting an Erebus v3. I am super happy with it so far. It sounds great at every damn setting.

I wish the patch bay was a bit more inspiring and useful though. It’s a bit bizarre to be honest. And more midi functionality wouldn’t hurt. But I knew about that beforehand and it still sounds great so I can’t complain.

I’m sure I’ll end up with a nyx as well some day in the future.

1 Like