Dogs!

Kindest thing you can do mate, I had a family member go 10 grand down that road when the dog got cancer. The dog still had to go down shortly after. It was heartbreaking but they aren’t here forever. Just try to appreciate the time you got with them and time will make things better :thup: hope you’re well

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, it’s painful when you say goodbye to them.

Remember the happy times, running, playing , and even the quiet times when she just slept by your feet - they aren’t with us long, but dogs make the most of the time they have with us.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss mce076!!! Life with a furry companion is very special and I’m sure you gave your buddy a great life!

Damn, so sorry to hear, you definitely did the kindest thing. RIP Jessie :cry:

Thanks everyone for the support, its appreciated … she will be missed more than I could describe

2 Likes

Man this thread is an emotinal roller coaster, massive condolences to those of you who have been through tough times with your furbabies may they live on forever in your hearts.

Love love love all the sweet sweet pictures of those four legged furballs, please keep em coming :slight_smile:

I totally forgot my own gang…

13 Likes

We foster…

Here’s Cupcake, aka the Butterbean who we had from my birthday until around Thanksgiving (late November). She was deaf, stinky, had a skin allergy, was super persnickety, but I really miss her a great deal:

Here’s our most recent addition, Rusty, aka Buckeye/Buck/Young Buck/The Immovable Object/Yawni. We’ve had him for like two days and he already has an approved adopter who is wanting to meet him. Thankfully we’ll have him at least a few more days while he gets some dental work done :slight_smile: :

14 Likes

Ahh losing them is the worst. I always try to remember that the pain of loss is due to all the love shared.
My wife was crying yesterday about one of ours that has been gone almost 2 years now. They leave such an impact on us. Dogs are the best :heart:

3 Likes

Awesome that you foster. We have been tempted but afraid my wife gets too attached. Well me, too lol

My wife grabbed off the street a starving pit and we had her for few months. She was super sweet but needed a lot of training. We found her a great new home, but let her go was so hard.

I love all the images! We would sooo love to invite a dog friend into our home, but we are way to long away from home (both working in environments, where you cannot bring a dog).
Thats the part I am looking forward the most, the day I retire, I will start my search of “a new best friend”.

4 Likes

Yeah, I tear up every time we let go of one, or cry like a baby if I’ve had some sake the night we gave one up ha. BUT, it feels like a good thing to do that is worth the heartache. The hardest was the first one we had, who was sick and old and we had to put him to sleep when we gradually discovered the severity of his health problems. That was a tough first experience to have :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, that is brutal as first one out the gate. I have volunteered at a no kill shelter, and it was easier to root for them to get new homes since I didn’t live with them. My biggest fear is we would start adopting all the fosters :smiley:

2 Likes

My biggest dream is that my wife would LET us adopt all the fosters. She’s more disciplined than me though and better at having a bit more of an emotional barrier with the fosters.

2 Likes

Our son Craisin:

17 Likes

My first dog died 25 years ago and it remains to be the worst day of my life. I never wanted to experience this again but I need companionship for my mental stability. Yet, I also love to be on my own, say making music, while being scared of being alone. The dog allows this, to be on our own, without being alone. For the rest of the time, there are two-legged friends :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“What are you reading there?” Our Swiss white shepherd Bowie likes to get lots of hugs :smile:.

22 Likes

Here’s my two Ridgebacks. Rhaegal and Ruby. Rhaegs isn’t a huge fan of my crap guitar playing, but he does like thumpy beats. Ruby is just not into it.

20 Likes

Grabbed this photo last night while Craisin was sleeping on my lap, too good not to post. Perfect example of GAS. :joy:

17 Likes

Two of mine … looking for the third…)

19 Likes

Boots thinks he smells something…

17 Likes