Local guy is selling Machinedrum for 400 EUR (around $500). I love how it looks, but I’m not a fan of synthesised drum sounds in general — I own a drumbrute (which is a disappointment) and I hate 808, 909 type of sounds. I own Digitakt, which I use as a drum machine + it drives my eurorack, but I really miss separate outs for drums (I have a lot of outboard gear to wet into). I know Machinedrum is different beast from Digitakt — one is a sampler, the other is a digital synthesiser.
I mostly work on ambient/IDM kind of tracks (no hip-hop/techno/house) and I really like glitchy/lofi type of music: Aphex Twin, BoC, Plaid, etc.
Things I love in Digitakt:
- Sequencer with conditional trigs.
- Separate 8 midi channels to run my eurorack.
Things I hate about Digitakt:
- No separate outs to run bass, snare into the mixer.
- No separate mute buttons (a lot of menu diving and different overlapping modes)
My questions basically are:
- Is 400 EUR a good price for it?
- What am I missing if I replace Digitakt with Machinedrum (for certain tracks only)?
- What is UW? How to know if it’s a MK2 UW?