Do we know if there will be a new look Octatrack MKII?

Make it Mk3 and add switchable digital voices and earn millions :slight_smile:

So it’s decided, @charliebay sacrifices his hamster, Elektron gives us a MKIII Octatrack :100:

4 Likes

I’ll settle for a firmware update to let me play slices with a midi controller.

5 Likes

is it a good time to buy the Octatrack MK2 now or would you wait for the next elektron product?

It’s always a good time to buy an Octatrack if you are willing to put in the time to actually learn it, finish music with it, and assess personally if it is for you. A true assessment can only be done after enough hands on experience with it.
Are you willing to do that?

This process can take upwards of a year, so the best time to start is yesterday.

This is not a good box for someone with gas that buys something new every month, uses it for 10 days and then sells it.

17 Likes

The real question to ask is why ask your question, 16 minutes ago,
when 17 hours ago you’ve posted that you’ve already purchased it?

7 Likes

It’s always Tuesday!

(Except when it isn’t and then we don’t talk about it… and hope that nobody notices).

1 Like

the deal fell through unfortunately this morning

Ah, a sign from above, then.

Yeah you would think so if you believe in that sort of thing.

I just saw one on Reverb for 900EUR in Finland.

:wink:

this! But I don’t think it will happen.
The Octatrack is wrongly famous for how hard is to use it and Elektron is doing simpler machine.
As I said somewhere else Elektron is basically downgrading what they can do.
Yeah the new machines are much more “user friendly”(to me they’re just less powerful that’s why they’re easier)to use which is convenient just when you first got it.
I’m sure the average OT user didn’t understand a goddam things when they bought it but now they fly on it.
The good thing is that a lot of companies are putting nice groovebox out there and with not just the MPC to be a DAW in a box Elektron could rethink that unless they want only do under £500 products.

I bet Behringer are already working on a black MK2.

9 Likes

At this point I’d wait till the new year tbh.

:shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::smirk:

1 Like

wait i havent been on this forum for a while… what’s this!!!

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

Rofl

You jest but me and all the other mortals outside of this forum can’t wait for Behringer to release an affordable clone of some Elektron gear.

1 Like

That’s a pretty hefty code base to try and reverse engineer. Not exactly cloning a ladder filter and synth on a chip designs from 1980.