Do we know if there will be a new look Octatrack MKII?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find anything anywhere - will there be a new look (black) Octatrack MKII, like the new Analog Four and Rytm?

1 Like

No one knows. Long live gray trinity.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! But as @neet said, no one outside of Elektron/supply chains knows. Although, if one doesn’t appear in the next couple of months, I highly suspect that a successor is on the way and/or it’ll be discontinued. That’s personal speculation tho.

4 Likes

Hello and thank you! This is what I’m also wondering, its absence in the update line-up is conspicuous. I’ll keep a close eye on press releases over the next few months for sure.

1 Like

Agree here. It was already the odd one of the bunch for the grey models as well. Slightly darker color, older enclosure dimensions, still stuck on CF cards, no Overbridge planned, etc. It also doesn’t get the firmware updates like the rest of the devices, even for non-OB stuff.

My guess is that the OT will simply continue to be their relatively stagnant top level sampler until their replacement is ready.

The OT is certainly its own beast of an instrument, but no one should buy it expecting it to change anymore. That isn’t stopping me from getting one shortly :laughing:

4 Likes

I heard about a spherical new look with an Elvis hologram…:thinking:

And seriously, yes of course, black MKII with new OS will come, logically next Elektron update with tempo per pattern, trig preview, probability, and RLEN with 1024 steps max of course! :thup:

19 Likes

Confirmed

2 Likes

octatrack users will be pleased

7 Likes

My guess is that there will either be an OT MKIII or a new product will be a successor in a way to the OT.

1 Like

…tuesday, right? :laughing:

5 Likes

As soon as I read the thread title I started to think about what your meme would look like :smile:

5 Likes

It tends to be on Wednesday now.

1 Like

:drooling_face: yes please.

A new sequencer track to choreograph Elvis’s dance moves of course too :wink:

Elektron should definitely sell those in the accessories store! Incorporate a nightlight/alarm clock, job done

1 Like

Agree, it feels likely. Just OB and +4 mono outs and some of the modern goodies that have been added would be enough. Plus make it black.

1 Like

…once there were 100 octrackers…
…10 of them were octracking for real and to all it’s potential…
…30 of them were more than happy to use it just for certain missions only the octatrack can do…
…another 20 never wrapped their head around all it’s options but were happy anyways…
…40 heard about the myst, bought it, scratched it’s surface while bothering for more to come…

…another 100 still in line, that never used it, but love to talk about it’s future options anyways…
…oh, not to forget another 50 that bought it, sold it, regret it, bought it again, sold it again, regret it again, bought it again…

oops…now that does’nt match in total number relations anymore…i’m afraid…lost track…obviously…
well, somewhere here nearby must be the essence of it’s everlasting secret…
in black, in grey…and pink…keep on tracking…

1 Like

@jb’s!
Octatrack alternate colours (photoshop template)

11 Likes

But still with an unreadable page LED

7 Likes

I hope there will be no MK2 black, but more revised and mature product (let’s call it MK3) instead.

Imagine some sort of fusion of Digitakt with Octatrack. For example MIDI capabilities from Digitakt, bigger screen (can be yellowish), FX, and 8 knobs instead of 6. Additional features like pattern Direct Jump will be cool addition too. Basically, Digitakt in OT form factor with it’s sampling capabilities, more RAM for Flex or SSD card instead of CF, brand new/updated firmware etc…

I believe this is going to happen, I would trade my hamster for it!

2 Likes

I would be up for one of these!
Would also trade your hamster for it.

5 Likes