What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

A small update on the state of things.
On saturday my GF was out with her girl friends so I had the whole evening to myself and had the time to fix everything (and play some Ni No Kuni on Switch).

Microsampler editor/librarian works like a dream. I wish it had a pattern sequencer for making more precise sequences than the on board sequencer but apparently you can import SMF-files for that.

GT-Pro editor works great too. I can build my complicated guitar effects on a big screen and then just dump then onto the machine and shred away. Nice!

The XV-5080 editor didn’t work at first but it was due to a crappy chinese USB/Midi -cord. As soon as I directed the midi to go through my Microsampler, everything started to work beautifully. As a bonus I can preview the sounds I make with a real keyboard instead of pointing and clicking the keys on screen. The XV-5080 has two midi ins so I can still keep it hooked up to my MPC Live and have the editor plugged in at all times.

As an added bonus I got the editor for my weird Neurotronics Laxman to work too. I found this at a fleamarket for 6€ recently and it’s a kind of a relaxation machine/mp3 player that has audio output but also includes a pair of goggles that show vibrating and flashing colours. Now I’ll be able to program my own light shows with the XP and the editor.

14 Likes

You are an inspiration!

3 Likes

So I don’t normally post anywhere, but thought that’s a funny story to share.

My latest purchase was a Maschine+, cause I thought that will be the one to rule them all - a standalone device, which would sum up all my audio needs - record guitars, put some drums & synths on top, perform, etc. The problem, that I was not accustomed to Maschine workflow and as an Ableton and Elektron fan, I just didn’t gel with it and thousands of presets/kits.

I decided that I have enough andI need to focus on the things I have. Currently happy with my Digitone/OP-Z combo + whatever my computer gives me on top.

Returned the Maschine, got my money back and purchased…

Kamado Joe Classic 2

I guess if I am not cooking beats, I will be actually cooking :metal:

5 Likes

All this talk about the KeyStep clone encouraged me to support Arturia with a KeyStep37 purchase today.

24 Likes

Bought a Werkstatt last night, whoops! Watched a few demos, couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

Third stab at the Octatrack. This time bought the MKII in favour of the Digitakt. Coming in humble with a ton of respect

17 Likes

Nice! I’m on my 4th stab with the OT.

4 Likes

How’s the progression?

1. I didn’t get into my first OT and swapped it for an OP1

2. I went for a 2nd OT mk1 when building up a live dawless setup and fell in love.

3. I purchased the MK2 and had both generation OTs at once. (This was nice because I had one racked up with a virus/heat/DT and one free to roam around my home or take to work.)

I sold both of those to reinvest in another creative effort. No regrets.

1. Through serendipitous events I just got another mk2. Honestly, the universe must want me to have one. I love this machine so much and can’t imagine that I’ll part with it again.
5 Likes

I also just got a Keystep 37 - ordered before the swing thing was announced. Your photo is better than any I could take though!

It’s heftier than I expected, with the bottom being metal instead of corkboard like on some more expensive keyboards. Intention: Use as primary controller for IOS apps and some hardware, and sketch out sequence patterns.

6 Likes

The weight is surprising and the quality of finishes is impressive

1 Like

USB adapter to connect the A4 to my smartphone so I can record video of the prep and training sessions for promo work on Instagram.
Tiny invest and huge return!
My GF is using the studio for home office so I have it only on the weekends. But this doesn’t keep me from being creative. So instead of production I focus on live set’s. This little cable gives me the ability to post little snippets and be consistent.

9 Likes

Got this from a fellow Naut, can’t wait to count to 5 tonight, patchbay here I come :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Whats the swing thing on the keystep?

Could not resist a good deal on this a strange and wonderful machine! First impressions are very good. Definitely have a sound of it’s own, and extremely fun to tweak! Somehow gorgeous and slightly ridiculous at the same time. :heart:

Intention: To follow the blue weirdo wherever it want to go - and hook it up to the Rytm for some nasty fun!

22 Likes

Was ist das?

Edit: Uggh, Behringer. What’s the point?

1 Like

It was a joke, in reference to a new keyboard from another company that strongly resembles the Keystep. That’s all I’m gonna say on that.

2 Likes

Nice - is the box it comes in really as big as it seems to be in the various videos? Does there seem to be any particular reason why if so?

It arrives next Monday, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Nice one.