Do we know if there will be a new look Octatrack MKII?

It is probably inevitable that they will do some copies of digital stuff, but it won’t be the same as the actual originals since it won’t be able to run the same code, at which point they might just as well doing something original.

Then the whole thing of updates and proper support is something to consider, it costs a lot to have decent support, without it the product will fail. I guess they have some experience here with their digital mixers.

Personally I have no interest at all in a Behringer groovebox copying others, but they are pretty well placed to do something bold and interesting, if they cared about that kind of thing, but I don’t think they do.

A multi input, midi synced recorder for capturing live hardware jams and editing them into finished songs could be a huge seller if done right, but again I don’t hold much hope of Behringer doing it.

1 Like

Yes, end of thread:

Preview shows grey, but it is the black version in the link, promise.

3 Likes

I’m curious if there’s any chance they would sell just the faceplate as a “replacement part”?

1 Like

Ohh “ The Octatrack MKII will soon be available in two different colors: gray and black. Check your local retailer for preordering options for the black version, or shop for the gray version.

Interesting!

Curious enough to ask Elektron in a support ticket?

1 Like

I’d love to see Elektron offer custom parts, like a few different colours of knobs and switch caps and faceplates. I saw someone change OT track buttons with DN ones.

Apparently yes, enough to ask support.

Wouldn’t hold my breath on an answer given their support status message (basically limited capacity during the holidays), but I’ll let you know if/when I hear back.

Looks nice. No underlines. :joy:

1 Like

From Elektron:

The panels and cases will only be available to purchase in the same color that the unit originally has. I’ve double-checked and there are no plans to change this as of now.

So I guess if you buy one version or the other, you can’t mix and match. A bummer, but pretty understandable, at least for now.

1 Like

updated FX - that hold me back