DIY: OT Pickup Machine footswitch (now with final pics!)

hell yeah!! a screen!! now you’re talking!!

Great job for everyone! Thanks for sharing! Actually, I think that with only one arduino can do the foot controller and a complete desktop controller to handle volumes, mutes, parameters, etc., in a modular way.
One question, what boards of arduino have you used? (original, compatible, brand?)
I see that there are several different in your developments.
Idea: with a converter module from 9v to 5v it could be powered with the same source of the pedals (if you have other Guitar pedals, Bass …).For example this one:

or similar.
Maybe I’m encouraged to set up one, I’m a developer even if I have the FCB1010 (with UNO) it would be more out of curiosity than necessity, but it seems fun! :wink:

wow these are great, love seeing these diy solutions people build!

Most (or all?) Arduino boards have a VIN pin to use with at least 7-12V as input voltage whith an onboard regulator. So 9V is fine.

I am using very often Arduino Nano clones from China for 2€ over ebay and everything alwasy worked fine.

I like the small size of the Arduino Nano and you have 8 analog inputs (instead of 6 at the UNO)

Good to know it :wink: .
I have not tried any yet but this week I will ask for some Chinese kit to test all the functionalities, like ELEGOO for example. With how cheap the components and these boards are, they have many possibilities.

I used an arduino compatible small board as well, not sure how it was called. Something like pro micro. It is similar to the arduino nano, but much cheaper.

This is sweet ! Any way to change presets it on startup and while it’s running . Would be awesome to change on the fly

Well, anything’s possible. Maybe with a combination of switches but this is not ideal. The best and easiest would be to have dedicated (foot)switches for that.

Sharing the next iteration of the project, now with MIDI in, expression pedal input (which the arduino converts to MIDI CC), a display that tells the function of the footswitches, and two tiny buttons to change presets on the fly!

Made a laser cut case this time, it’s a bit easier to work with. Might share case design and code in the future, I was thinking of maybe designing some PCBs to make the assembly of this thing much easier, since now it has so many wires inside.

So sweet ! Would love to get my greasy eyes on that code

Sure! It works pretty much the same, except I needed to add the MIDI reading (from the same library I used for the MIDI out), plus reading the analog pin to which the expression pedal is connected, and map it to a MIDI CC out. Just got an expression pedal, need to test if it’s working.

Also, for the screen I used the ug8lib library.