Disgusting Resale Prices

Not sure what this reply meant, haha.

1 Like

Freedom is a result of democracy, not capitalism.

P.S. My parents fled, when the Soviets invaded. But the reason was freedom, not money.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I just want to know where all the suckers that pay these prices are :laughing:

I am not a fan of scalping and I’d personally never pay more than retail, but that market must exist because some people do, but I think that most of this outrageously priced stuff does not sell.

Supply and demand, it is as old as the hills.

2 Likes

Maybe ex-crypto-hodlers who think gear is the next big investment? Only half-joking.

1 Like

On a side note. Many people list goods NOT to sell(hence stupid prices). Because they are claiming Tax relief for having a small business. Its a legal loophole i found out about. As long as you have a small stock inventory(which never sells) you can keep claiming tax relief.

6 Likes

That might explain some of the weird ebay listings I have seen where an item worth say £70 is listed for £5000, despite the fact there are many other sellers listing at the correct price.

Ive seen it first hand. Ebay is a legit business and as long as you declare tax on sales or not you get money off the government.(in benefits and tax relief). High priced items make the store look like a big business. Its all a smokescreen.

1 Like

Selling goods on Ebay at way over price may also be a useful way to launder money (in a fairly crude way). How Money Laundering Works on eBay

2 Likes

If you think those prices are obnoxious and ripe for fraud, wait till you hear about NFTs.

7 Likes

what about under selling, how bad is that?

I’ve always assumed some people were too lazy to check retail prices in the stores selling new. I’ve had phases of ebay surfing looking for gear I want and forgetting what retail price is after a while. Quick check now and again to recallibrate my expectations of what I should be paying.

Maybe though it’s people like you and me that are told we have too much stuff, stuff we don’t really want to sell, so we list it on the marketplace to pacify the situation. Either way though, it inflates expectation of market value and you see the same items listed there 12 months later, so it’s always handy to check what previous items have sold for if you’re looking for a sale.

Reading some of the last few comments though about money laundering and tax relief is something I hadn’t thought of. We used to dance and hug each other in the rave years to songs about peace, love and harmony and dream of the utopia that was coming through our chemically enhanced thoughts. Sadly though, the world is full of dodgy b…

1 Like

Luckily It’s also full of good loving people too!

5 Likes

Saying writing on its smartphone and using elektron machines.

Cognitive dissonance

2 Likes

Yeah sorry, I was being dramatic, or something.

A few dodgy folk does not equal a collective.

Social commentary.

1 Like

It is not a given advancements in technology happen only under capitalism.

Moreover, I’m not sure a lot of these “advancements” have been ultimately positive for homo sapiens and even more so the Earth.

3 Likes

What’s really funny about this example is that there are 12 of them for sale on Reverb right now and they don’t seem to be selling.

1 Like

People know that products are only getting shittier. Silver machines were peak era. I’m about to remortgage to acquire an MD.

4 Likes

Go Sahara

I dunno man… on like every single knobs video there are people upset and talking sh*t about other people who buy the pedals at their regular retail price, and complaining about the manufacturers selling the pedals at those prices. Typically the pedals are 300-500 and these people think they should be $60 bucks or at least not more than a zoom pedal… they talk about how the pedal market is messed up and even get mad at knobs for demoing what they consider only special pedals that are out of their reach… my question is who’s right, people willing to pay $60 bucks, 300 bucks, or 1100 bucks for the pedal, and how much responsibility to manufacturers have if they keep deliberately putting out limited edition pedals?

1 Like