Disgusting Resale Prices

Just searched for Moog Sirin on a whim a couple hours ago, ~$1200, twice the price from less than a year ago. Discontinued, yes, but still. The Roland Boutiques are a similar story, a year ago the D-05 was $300, doubled in price over the pandemic. Lots of people with nothing to do makes for a good time to spend money.

Some people also buy into crypto and nft’s.

3 Likes

consumers gonna consume

2 Likes

Capitalism made the device, this forum and most of what sustains your daily life. You’re confusing greed with capitalism. I’m not a capitalism cheer leader but we need to be honest about what funds our modern luxuries.

21 Likes

We really need some sort of Committee to control prices in the second hand market.
With powers to raid the homes of buyers above the RRP and confiscate the offending items.
Neighbours should be encouraged to come forward with information. Offers of any items other than by a public official should be reported to The Divine Central Pricing Control Commission.
Manufacturers should be put under government control in order to increase output with aggressive targets. Production lines staffed by mandatory labour from across the land in order to deliver on this great national effort.
Every home should be entitled to one tb303 and a microcosm.
This noble project and national plan will only work if dissenters are hunted down and imprisoned.

21 Likes

Actually there is a new one

It is currently listed At £2599 buy it now.

2 Likes

It’s ok to act like a scumbag as long as it’s logical according to a science-alike point of view. Please stop trying to break the logic of the world with your weird concept of moral.

(As it couldnt be obvious : yes i was trying to be ironic. As much as I find it stupid to overpay product, I find it pretty low to sell those at this price cause “datz how u do bizness uh”)

2 Likes

The people asking a high price for a second hand piece that’s in high demand could also have a serious financial issue and are looking for legal ways to get a good chunk of money to solve real life problems.

Somebody with the extreme need for that item could help this person and we have a balance, dare I say harmoney.

6 Likes

I used to care about people who bought overpriced goods. But if they cant be arsed to do the research then why should i be caring.

5 Likes

No, people made the device. People made things before money existed. Just because people make things in order to make money doesn’t mean that people wouldn’t make things, especially musical instruments, if it weren’t for capitalism. If anything people would be more free to make things if they weren’t forced to work for someone else in order to survive.

9 Likes

Everybody can be his own boss in a few simple steps though.

3 Likes

What a good idea to expose political views on the internet. How could that go wrong ?

4 Likes

It’s not because it’s simple that it’s easy. Losing weight is simple but not easy, being your own boss can be simple but definitely isn’t easy :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:no_good_man:t2: Now I am out, gonna play with the kids in peace :clown_face:

2 Likes

I know it’s difficult to be your own boss but far from impossible. I know it’s easy to play the victim by working for a boss, blame him, the company, the system, the banks… Did it for years. :ghost:

It takes courage to go all-in and be yourself and your own boss, but even failing in doing that feels better than playing the victim of the choices of others.

3 Likes

Prove or specify your hypothesis, especially the second half of your sentence.
As it stands, it is lazy, revisionist and paternalistic.

7 Likes

Is paternal an insult now?

1 Like

sometimes i regret that Soviet Union ceased.

i mean, it would be very interesting experience for capitalism haters to live there and discover themselves how it all went without capitalism.

(spoiler: black market resale prices were even more disgusting — but it was illegal as well)

15 Likes

Not the same word.

1 Like

Always been as it suggest that your interlocutor is less mature and credible than you.

But like, really ppl ?
You think we’re all get out of this topic enlighted by the knowledge and experience of others ?