Digitone Midi Bug?

I’m sequencing and controlling a Microkorg with my DN, assigning CC values where needed (ADSR, Filter, Noise). All works well except for an occasional audio routing issue. I don’t know if the midi CC programming is messing with the signal but there are times where the MK audio doesn’t run through the reverb and delay sends, that is adjusting them yields no change in the MK sound. Chorus always seems to work fine as does the overdrive but I think that’s a gain stage after the sends because it affects the entire signal. I’ve never experienced it before, MK is the new variable.

For reference, the MK CC values I’m working with are: 22, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
Audio is running through Overbridge but I experience it when running audio directly to the headphone out as well.

Edit to add that clearing all sequences seems to right the issue when it happens, but then I’ve obviously lost all sequences.

As far as I know from other Elektron devices the send effects needs to be triggered from one of the internal tracks to work correctly for the audio through.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what you mean. The signal path in the manual says the audio engine and the external L/R enter the mixer separately.

It doesn’t matter what the picture in the manual suggests. There is just a single instance of each send effect and this send effect may not start working when there is only the external signal arriving. There are enough reports here about this phaenomena when you try to search for it …

Ok, thanks for your help.

Just a few example posts (related to the Digitone):

1 Like

Thanks for that. Next time I’ll try to do some more thorough searching. Its discouraging that this particular bug is over a year old.

I’m experiencing the same bug here. Send efx (reverb/delay) don’t always work with external audio, until an internal sound is also present in the mix.

Can you use a trigless trig to get it triggered but then have no sound from the internal synths, or create a pattern and turn that sound’s volume to nothing?

I guess you could! But it’s not really necessary, at least in studio circumstances. You just go to the internal tracks and play any one sound with reverb or delay -> sends start working on external audio.

1 Like