Digitone 1.02: bug reports

oki …

You need to merge out en thru port if you want this to work :wink:

A friend (who is no computer guy) has problems with the shift button, it appears to be “stuck” virtually sometimes, so pressing knobs without pressing shift too results in the shift function. Sometimes you copy/past/erase things you dont want to be erased. It seems that it is not a mechanical problem, it’s like the digitone just remembers shift active too long …

1 Like

When using arpeggiator and then changing swing the arpeggiated sequence changes in unrhythmical ways.
Please fix this and add swing to arpeggiator. Otherwise it s useless in most of productions!!

Ok, another one: external inputs effects are turned of when you press stop yes. But they dont switch back on from themselfves, not if you press play again, not if you tweak the fx parameters. I needed to redtart the unit…

1 Like

Sent in a ticket and they confirmed this is a bug… pressing play or tweaking the fx should turn them back on. Currently they don’t sound right (weak reverb/chorus, no delay) until an internal track is played through them again.

1 Like

Sounds like the same bug I reported. Playing an internal synth sound through the send fx gets them working again.

yes indeed, I got the same message today about my ticket. Have you read my other post about the function/shift button? they didnt response to that

dsp boot failure has happened twice on my less than week old digitone. a simple cycle off and on usually fixes. is this fixable in software or is this a hardware bug? i’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere, but not sure what official stance is from elektron.

1 Like

I have this issue too!

1 Like

Please make a ticket to elektron support, I did and the response was they did not now about this issue. And I should reboot the digitone in test modus. Let’s do that and share the results?

1 Like

Anyone know whats going on with this? my unit has the current firmware and was purchased new. Display showed “EXCEPTION R0019” at the top of screen while I was working on it. I shut it off and turned it back on but now it’s just stuck on the startup screen.

I just had 3 complete freezes in a row… I was jamming for a pretty long time in a new project… got Digitakt & Digitone synced and receiving CC for pattern sync over midi. Digitone keeps freezing up and I cant press nothing… only a reboot will help. When it freezes it outputs an annoying beeping sound. Can’t imagine using this thing in a live setup as it is now… especially with that ear numbing beep!

I recommend that you create a support ticket with Elektron immediately.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a bug or expected behaviour but in live record, the metronome pre-roll start sends a midi start message to any connected devices you are working with (Digitakt in my case) - so your connected device is 1 bar (or whatever pre-roll you have selected) ahead of the Digitone. Not a useful feature if it’s not a bug…

First thing I did after looking for answers here. Thanks.

1 Like

I wonder if setting up a pre roll on the digitakt would even it out?

Not that you should have to go that deep but… worth a shot?

Hi

Just received DN 1.02 yesterday, start to make music.
Set up : DN master (midi out) > Blofeld multimode (midi in)

1st problem : Gears don’t clock together in MIDI mode (MIDI CABLE, USB seems to be ok)
DN > ABLETON = SUCCESS
ABLETON > DN = FAIL
DN > BLOFELD = FAIL
BLOFELD > DN = FAIL
((ABLETON > BLOFELD = SUCCESS))

2nd problem : fail to sequence midi notes out (MIDI CABLE, USB seems to be ok)
DN > ABLETON = FAIL
DN > BLOFELD = FAIL

• live jam with the keyboard = SUCCESS (auto ch 10 or 5, 6, 7, or 8 if you checked “output ch : trk ch”)
  • once recorded, no midi data transmitted by DN to external gears (NO SIGNAL).

3rd problem : Latency in changing patterns from ableton live clips to DN
Common issue on Elektron gears, from 16 steps to 64 steps latency, you have to find perfect timing to resolve this issue.

These are most likely not bugs.

Check your MIDI post settings in the MIDI Config menu on the DN to make sure it outputs MIDI to the ports and not just USB.

This is not a bug. Just put a negative delay in Ableton on the track that sends the PC messages and you will be fine.

If you still are having issues. Contact support.

4 Likes

Not sure if bug or feature: I have my DT playing through the inputs. When I switch to an empty pattern with the inputs set to 0, the DT can still be heard at the same volume until a note is triggered on the DN.