Digitone MASTER FX Common ISSUES (STOP TWICE vs SWITCH PATTERN) and SOLUTION

EVERYTHING EXPLAINED!

I encountered the following issue PRESSING :stop_button: TWICEBUT NOT ONLY
HERE IS THE SOLUTION

A - PRESSING STOP TWICE SCENARIO

1 - Hook up an external synth (preferably a drum machine to have a loop) through INPUT L/R and set an EMPTY PATTERN (no trig on any track) with some DELAY / REVERB on the MASTER FX page.

2 - Press :arrow_forward:
MASTER FX ARE APPLIED TO THE SOUND

ISSUE

3 - Press :stop_button: :stop_button: and :arrow_forward:
MASTER FX ARE NOT APPLIED TO THE SOUND anymore (at least NOT AS BEFORE)

SOLUTION

4 - Add ONE TRIG NOTE :red_square: to any of the 4 tracks (preferably on the FIRST TRIG) and set TRIG VOLUME to ZERO

5 - Press :arrow_forward:
MASTER FX ARE APPLIED TO THE SOUND NO MATTER HOW MANY TIME YOU PRESS :stop_button:

CONCLUSION

PANIC MODE CANCELS WHENEVER A TRIG IS PLAYED ON ANY OF THE 4 AUDIO TRACKS

B - SWITCHING PATTERN SCENARIO

1 - Hook up an external synth (preferably a drum machine to have a loop) through INPUT L/R

2 - SET an EMPTY PATTERN_1 (NO :red_square: TRIG on any track) with some delay / NO reverb on the master fx page

3 - SET an EMPTY PATTERN_2 (NO :red_square: TRIG on any track) with some reverb / NO delay on the master fx page.

4 - Press :arrow_forward: on PATTERN_1
PATTERN_1 MASTER FX ARE APPLIED TO THE SOUND

ISSUE

3 - Switch to PATTERN_2
PATTERN_1 MASTER FX ARE STILL APPLIED TO THE SOUND
PATTERN_2 MASTER FX ARE NOT APPLIED TO THE SOUND

SOLUTION

4 - Add ONE TRIG NOTE :red_square: to any of the 4 tracks of EACH PATTERN (preferably on the FIRST TRIG) and set TRIG VOLUME to ZERO

5 - Press :arrow_forward: on PATTERN_1
PATTERN_1 MASTER FX ARE APPLIED TO THE SOUND

6 - Switch to PATTERN_2
PATTERN_2 MASTER FX ARE NOW APPLIED TO THE SOUND

CONCLUSION

IF MASTER FX settings are different from PATTERN_1 to PATTERN_2, a TRIG NOTE :red_square: is NEEDED on each PATTERN to ACTUALLY COMMIT the MASTER FX settings to the SOUND

ONLY AFTER THAT, SWITCHING from PATTERN_1 to PATTERN_2 (AND VICE VERSA) actually SWITCHES and APPLIES MASTER FX settings to the current PATTERN being played

APART FROM READING THIS POST, NO HEADHACHE ANYMORE
:sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:
But still a strange behavior, I’ve reported this months ago, but they said, they couldn’t reproduce this error. Maybe because this bug is only triggered when this certain stop button behavior comes happens.
This needs to be fixed!

1 Like

Do you use the DN as only a FX box without any trig?
Never ever did, nor felt the need…
Why would you not use DN regular tracks Seems like waste to me.
:thinking:

2 Likes

Well, it’s kinda strange that the FX for the external INs is only applied when a trig of an internal track is triggering the FX.

1 Like

You may starts working on a song with another gear (let’s say a DT wired up to the DN INs) but still willing to use DN fx for this external gear until you actually start using the DN tracks… suddenly, a double STOP on the DT and… I guess few people noticed this issue since all of DN users actually use at least one track sequence :slight_smile:… after all the DN is not a pedal…

1 Like

Using it as an interface with stereo inputs has been a nice bonus though!
But yeah. If I have the Digitone out, it’s definitely getting played. Loving it more every time. :grin:

Thanks for the research!

1 Like