Digitone is now shipping

How can I request BEST PRICE?

1 Like

Either call or there’s a button next to the add to cart one :slight_smile:

Tax money is on their way. I am getting a MPC X and a Digitone. Is there anywhere is the US that will have these in stock soon? Thanks.

MPC X, dayum.

Yeah payed over 15k in alimony last year which resulted in 10k return :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is an option on the Juno page to request their best price. I requested and got a price of £650 and got it the next day from The Disc DJ Store

Got mine the other day and while I am very happy with it and it sounds very good I am also really puzzled that they made it with only 8 voices of polyphony. It feels very crippling and you cannot even fill up the 3 or 4 tracks with synths without voice stealing. Also I have a pattern with only 3 tracks playing and here I get some sharp clicks when voice stealing is taking place. This is the biggest gripe I have about the Digitone and I would have gladly payed more with double the polyphony.

EDIT: The clicking is a well known issue and is discussed in the Digitone bug reports thread.
So the lack of polyphony was not a real issue in this case.

What are you guys using as a work around for sequencing patterns (not having song mode)? I really want to get a DN, but I don’t want to have to lug around more gear to gigs just to sequence it. Right now I’m using an A4, AR2, and a Moog Minitaur, and none of them will midi sequence external modules.

I play guitar and sing, so I can’t manually change patterns (and I don’t want to use some footswitch midi controller).

The DN sounds phenomenal.

Just got my DN
Love the crystalline sound!!
Welcome edition to my sonic factory!
Like a DX-200 on acid/steroids

1 Like

Strongly suggest you learn to distinguish between acid and steroids!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:mage:

Go to the Elektron webpage. There is a list of retailers with phone #s. Just call em up and ask!
:grinning:

Pattern chaining, along with patterns set up with trig conditions in order to maximise variation.

I just got mine yesterday. Liking it a lot so far. I wasn’t sure if it could do gnarly dark sounds but needn’t have worried (not so into metallic FM sounds). Also there seems to be a big range in terms of sounds you can get out if the thing - from interesting pads/soundscapes to leads and drum/percussion. I had worried that it was a preset machine or like VST synths that promise to sound different, but end up sounding the same in every patch. Sound quality is good and on par with the best VSTs, but what improves on VSTs is the immediate workflow and soundscaping tools.
It works really well paired with my DT and I’m using the DT as a secondary keyboard/sequencer plus additional lfo source. Also love to sample from the Digitone to Digitakt with effects off and then play back the sample with effects through the Digitone. The effects are IMO very very good and I especially like the reverb. It sounds great.

4 Likes

“Sound quality is good and on par with the best VSTs”

IMO It sounds way better than any VST synth I’ve heard which actually bothers me since I love how easy it is to use VST synths and I own the best of them too.
Maybe you can get the sound right on a VST synth but the Digitone has this deeper layer or realism to it that is quickly recognised once you use it. I just always found the VST synths that do FM to be somewhat flat sounding and not something I really wanted to use. It’s a very different situation now with the DN.

1 Like

just got my shipping confirmation :). should be here tomorrow

5 Likes

After making electro for the past couple years, almost exclusively, the Digitone has me making techno again.
It’s just so immediate in creating those interesting, evolving, futuristic sounds.

Not that that is necessarily what techno requires, but I stopped making techno as I felt I didn’t have much more to say musically, on that subject.

But Digitone gives me a whole new vocabulary.

It’s everything I wanted the Monomachine to be, and a lot of what I wished my old Microwave XT could be, modulation wise.

14 Likes

I tried one out at a local shop. you’re gonna love it!!

1 Like

yea boi. :sunglasses:

all i have to do is think of the lovely song “Moon and Venus” posted on Elektron Users back in 2009 and any questions regarding Elektron become irrelevant.