Digitone is now shipping

South of France, impossible to find one :cry:

Great stuff all around.

4 Likes

Same issue

Interesting… I was able to lower the clicking in one of my patterns by turning all the voice allocation to dynamic. So the opposite to you

What, exactly, did you have for dinner? I may have cracked the puzzle.

2 Likes

Minestrone soup with cheese

Interesting. Very interesting.

3 Likes

I had things I wanted to do last night, but ended up playing with the DN the whole time instead. DT quickly became my favorite device that Elektron has ever created, but I like the DN even more; actually a whole lot more. It’s very fun to experiment with.

1 Like

Same here.

2 Likes

bla

7 Likes

The DN is like a drug to me right now. I’m at work, but all I’ve been doing is thinking about playing with the DN again, and listening to demos still lol.

The DT is immediate, and makes sampling as quick as can be. This really helps maintain & build the synergy of creative juices. But you still have to find samples, and do the whole sample-based music thing.

The DN takes this design ethos, but is like raw energy. It’s quite capable of sculpting a universe of interesting/pleasing timbres & tones with its synthesis engine. It has a way about it, and becoming nimble with what it offers can be like being Dr. Strange mastering his mystic abilities.

3 Likes

Still no sign of one here in LA.Bummer.

Again comes back to why there isn’t more horsepower is this thing?
Sounds like the processor is maxing out.
Having to constantly worry about voice allocation is a pain in the arse imo

I made a beat last night that sounded soo nice, copied to a new pattern and used control all and completely transformed it into a whole new thing… Was rad.

But yeah this thing feels so much deeper than DT, yet makes me want another DT to add easy drums and samples to the DN…

1 Like

Looking forward to plugging in the Keystep :smile:

I understand your frustration. There is obviously intense demand for Digitone across the globe and a queue for retailers to begin receiving their orders as they come out of the factory. So you’ve called all Elektron retailers in Switzerland and none have any ETA info at all?

A super cool thing about allowing one DN to focus on percussion is being able to freely use unison generously with sounds. I was already loving the percussion without unison; but with unison, these kicks and snares are huge.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s clearly apparent now why Elektron limited the voices.
Maybe it’s compulsory to buy two or three.
Genius :money_mouth_face:

It has its shortcomings, like anything else. But I’m liking everything about it right now.

It’s kind of refreshing to be limited to 4 tracks again, in the sense that it blows my mind how much can be done with those 4 tracks. The A4 felt much more limiting to me than how the DN feels right now.

This thing is way too much fun, and I’m really digging so many of the sounds coming out of this thing. Best sounding device Elektron has ever created, for me personally.

3 Likes

Seriously, these drums are so nice. I just took a finger snap preset and applied unison & reverb. Sounds so good.

2 Likes