Digitone is now shipping

Find a DN to try out.
10 minutes on the Digitone and you’ll know if it is for you or not.

1 Like

My buddy in town just got one. Gonna try it out soon!

2 Likes

I’m working with using mine alongside my Roland TM-2, which is also battery powered.
4 voice .wav drum samples added to the mix and run into the DN’s inputs. A good companion for the 4 channel MIDI sequencer.
606 sounds are great with the DN sound.

2 Likes

Instant :blue_heart:

Didn’t realize there was no retrig like on the DT though. Definitely, would like to see p-lockable arp in lieu of this.

5 Likes

It has arrived :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I wish. I am guessing it is a hardware issue though. They can’t feed the control circuit back into itself. The arp is likely clocked at the same stage as the p-locks, so the p-locks can’t communicate with it in real-time (or a small enough timescale for the sequencer).

Also a design issue: the arp settings are in a submenu, which is printed on the case. So it would require redesigning the front panel as well as the OS.

That’s a shame because I would’ve liked the ability to go from 32nd notes to triplets with certain percussion sounds. I guess I’ll just use it for 32nd notes, and do the triplets manually with microtiming.

I’m totally loving the Master overdrive. I’m not positive, but it sounds a little different to me from the overdrive available for each track. It sounds amazing on drums, and kinda feels like a compressor. It’s making me rethink the need for an AH or Boum right now.

3 Likes

IIRC the arp settings are stored in the sounds? If so you can just make one sound with 32nds, and clone that sound into another slot in the sound pool with a diff. arp setting… thens just sound lock away for modulating arp pattns.

14 Likes

Ah, awesome trick

Mine arrived, sounds awesome. Made one pattern and was jammin away for the last hour with the OP1 providing the drums. Love the fx on inputs and stereo inputs are great.
The clicks and pops are distracting but can live with them for now. Was kind of surprised the clicks and pops are all through the demo tracks too, especially Floats. Pops almost with the beat.
Are any of you able to play Floats and confirm (3rd demo track) pops a lot?

Magic box though so far

1 Like

There is no retailer in Germany who has stock right now?

Sorry mate but why do you want to live with clicks and pops? Do you think it’s something that will go away as you get to know the unit, maybe some settings that are working against one another? Genuinely interested as I have a pre order and haven’t heard this in demos but have read a lot of references to it. Cheers

A quick google search reveals that there are some available, e.g. from Gear4Music.

Dawsons got 20+ as well.

Crap, they have an Abyss for 1k - Digitone 787 vs Abyss. Hmmm…

Not exactly direct competitors, are they?

I’ve enjoyed quite a bit more than 10% of the user music on here.

1 Like

I mean live with them until they fix it, hopefully in the next update.
Strange things going on though, i turned it off while having dinner and came back after and the same song was not clicking in the same spots and was much less.
So not consistent it seems

2 Likes

gotta say though, i love this thing. a Digitakt would sit real nice next it.
Please elektron enable stereo input and input fx on the DT too :star_struck:

4 Likes