Digitone is now shipping

@Prints Waiting for your DN vs AB 4-op drum showdown. :wink:

Ha, can’t; I sold the AB. I’ll give my critique in the AB thread when I find some time. Long story short; I was only really into the kick for the most part.

same being at work torture! i got home stayed up till 7 am on it yesterday today sucks but I will prob do it again tonight

1 Like

Here’s 15 seconds of me getting to know it.

4 Likes

I decided to stick with the DT/DN combo instead of 2 DN’s. I’ve been quite surprised by how much can be done with just one DN, and I really miss the retrig feature on the DT.

1 Like

no, so shippments to these dealers i know here.

Summary

no feedback from elektron to mail requests to several dealers. each asking the other if they´d heard back.
.se even made it look as a payment would have not arrived, after the shop insisted to get contact by call to my request ( they have a strange payment system inbetween it seems ).
So they weren´t even able to tell if they´d slipped now back to the next batch. ( which could mean a delivery delay up to end march )
deccissions to do…

edit: my particular shop here has ordered within 5 minutes after announcement letter came in

I just received an email from Long & Mcquade that mines ready for pickup :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice! I received one from Moog yesterday. Kills next to a DT.

1 Like

@Tonemod from Montréal? I am wondering if they got a new batch?

I was probably one of the lucky first preorders.

1 Like

Would that be Moog in Asheville, NC USA by chance? I live near there and would love to test one out if they are stocking again (they said they weren’t stocking Elektron anymore last year).

I imagine that @Tonemod was referring to Moog Audio, the confusingly-named Canadian retailer.

5 Likes

I have ordered today and I am seriously looking forward to receiving it!

I was thinking about how to hook it up now that Overbridge is delayed. My audio interface only has two ins and I own the AR MK2 too. Can I run the Digitone into the AR via Ext in?

Yes.

1 Like

Got mine from Long & McQuade yesterday too. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Update, the clicking does return once I turn up the external inputs. And this is a known bug.

Ooh, that’s good news. I’m waiting for a call from Tom Lee so that’ll likely be soon

So I just plug it in or is there anything I need to switch on? Will it play through in Stereo?
Just found this in the manual:

• AUD L+R sets the input source to sample external audio through the AUDIO IN L+R inputs. The audio is summed together to mono.

Or is that summing to mono only when sampling?

I assumed that you were originally asking about monitoring the Digitone via the stereo EXT IN connections. The EXT IN signal connections go through the AR’s compressor along with its internal sounds, so you can monitor the Digitone in stereo. See the diagram on page 13 of the manual. There are no settings to adjust.

If you want to sample the Digitone into the AR, connect the Digitone to the AR’s AUDIO IN inputs. I don’t know whether you will hear a stereo signal when you monitor the AUDIO IN inputs but any sample that you take will be reduced to mono.

Very good Peter. Yes I was asking about the monitoring I just didn’t notice there is both an Ext in and an Audio In — I thought there was one stereo in for both.
But actually I think the Digitone will make a great source for sampling in the AR!

1 Like