Digitone is now shipping

That sounds so confusing to me :joy:. I think it’d be easier for me personally to keep track of what I was doing without having to worry about anything triggering anything else, and just manually entering things if I’m trying to do up to 8 sounds at a time using only 4 tracks.

But that’s a huge reason why 2 DN’s sounds so appealing to me. It’ll be a lot easier to do stuff with 8 sequencer tracks, and it’s nice to be able to treat them as almost like 2 separate audio busses.

2 Likes

Received mine today. This thing is a lot of fun!

Seen here running on battery power. (Talentcell 12v 132Wh)

Swapped my OP-1 for this (and the battery) and very happy about it. I love the unison and voice allocation. Since my music doesn’t require a lot of chords, it is nice to use voices 5-8 to beef the sounds up with unison.

13 Likes

damn i want one so bad

Battery power sounds very tempting. How many hours do you expect to get out of one charge?

Anyone know of any battery packs that are the same dimensions as DN? Would be great to have something that fits nicely underneath it :smiley:

1 Like

Mine was sent from storeDj on the 15th… still in transit with AusPOST, and I live in Melbourne. Hope it arrives tomorrow. I did redirect the address but that was on the 15th… Its been stuck in a dispatch station ever since. AusPOST ftw

1 Like

batteries can get quite hot during use… you sure this would be a good idea?

True. Maybe next to it then, to make it the same size as the other elektrons :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that every time i get new gear. But in the end, i was happy to save the money and buy something that gives me more sound possibilities. Who knows what will show up in the future.

1 Like

I was considering the same swap! Idk if I can part with my OP-1 again tho! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’ve actually only ever regretted purchasing two of the same synths in all of my experiences.

I was actually pretty set with the idea of pairing the DN with the DT, but the mono inputs of the DT were really limiting some ideas I had with regards to creative routing (using the Boum) without the need for an additional mixer.

The unique thing about the DN is that it is exceptional at synthesizing percussion. I sometimes get bored with using the same samples over & over again, and am really looking forward to the challenge of creating my own from scratch. I really like how dynamic synthesized drums can be.

I think that the sequencers on the DN/DT are nice, but I think they’ll truly shine with two of them working together symbiotically, so it really came down to me choosing between the DT or another DN. Once I have them both together for a while, I’ll be sure to give a little update with regards to how I’m liking the setup.

2 Likes

The OT MKII tested with this battery ran 20 hours. DN should be at least that.

2 Likes

Yes i really like FM percussion too! I definitely need to add a FM hardware synth to my setup, but i‘m still not 100% sure if the DN is the right choice for me. I‘m really like the Yamaha Montage/FM-X engine. It is IMO a little deeper as the DN (because of the 8 operators) but costs 2000€ more. But I’m not sure if I could do the parameter locks with a OT+Montage like the things you can do with the DN. The other option is a eurorack, a fm system built of modules would cost me as much as the Yamaha Montage. I would love to build my own ultimate synthesis and fx case, but would be broke afterwards. But it’s the most flexible way. Besides modular synthesis on a PC with software like Reaktor, which would be countless times cheaper…

DT with a DN is a awesome combo, but I would miss the song mode. But the cool thing is that it would be very portable. I probably just save up more money for a few months, hope that Yamaha releases a Desktop version of the FMX engine.

First thought when i used my OT mk2 was: „awesome I need at least another one“. But to much gear can be complicated in a live setup. Same thing/thoughts with the Electribe, Virus, Blofeld, etc… maybe it‘s a sub category of the GAS :wink:

Also considering the same swap. Think I’m ready to let go of my OP1 though. Feel so limited by not being able to edit note and parameter data after it’s recorded to tape.

I JUST got one again after 4 years on and maybe 10 months off lol

Nice! Finally a replacement for the Circuit on my daily commute.

1 Like

Want so bad, probably next week. I’ve been wanting this for a long time, I’ve owned a couple of DX200s but the PITA programming (through software or another controller) made me rarely get as deep with an FM groovebox as I’d want to…

they are a couple in stock from eBay, I was specting more than a call blocker from Elektron though

5 Likes

Probably ran off in the mail.